Sign in to follow this  
Hudson

1.90 patch for download on 3dgamers.com

Ok, sorry about the close of the previous. If Codemasters has published it, it's official now smile.gif

Usually BIS releases a public press release first. Apparently CM got there first this time smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">WHAT'S NEW

==========

BUG FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS

==========================

1.90  - Fixed: MP: Flying ammo crates or jumping vehicles caused by inconsistent terrain roughness determination.

1.90  - Fixed: MP: Cheating opportunity fixed: setPos can be no longer used to change position of objects that are part of landscape.

1.90  - Fixed: Improved text drawing in atypic resolutions like 1600x900.

1.90  - Fixed: Keyboard rudder control enabled while taxiing.

1.90  - New: Servers checks if world file (.wrp) used by client matches server version.

1.90  - New: MP: Added server.cfg array checkfiles[] - list of files that should be checked for each player connecting. Example: checkfiles[]={"HWTL\dta\data3d.pbo","dta\data3d.pbo"}

1.90  - New: MP: Added #debug checkfile command. Server admins can use this command to check if any file used by clients matches server version.

1.90  - Added: functions isEngineOn, engineOn

1.90  - Fixed: Message "Player ... is loosing connection" isn't write for server now

1.90  - Improved: Adjustable 2D viewport - improved support for Surround Gaming.

1.90  - Improved: Better airplane AI dogfighting.

1.90  - Fixed: Airplanes try to avoid mid-air collisions.

1.90  - Fixed: Tank and car exhausts did not work (introduced in 1.85)

1.90  - Fixed: createVehicle may be used to create shells and other non-ai vehicles.

1.89  - Fixed: XML download for Linux (can use no-protocol URI and proxy-server).

1.89  - Added: Item "proxy" added to Flashpoint.cfg to enforce proxy server used to download xml squad page etc.

1.89  - Fixed: It was impossible to climb some very steep stairways.

1.89  - Fixed: Helicopers appeared white on radar after Load/Retry.

1.89  - Fixed: onMapSingleClick handler is now saved when saving game

1.89  - Fixed: createUnit init string was not transferred in MP games

1.89  - Fixed: Joining to DirectPlay sessions through ingame browser often failed

1.89  - Improved: Slow plane takeoff improved, added more adjustable config parameters.

1.89  - Fixed: Chat sound more quiet.

1.89  - New: Adjustable plane wheel steering (wheelSteeringSensitivity). Should make big plane taxiing possible.

1.89  - Fixed: Resource cheating now shows "Modified config" message.

1.88  - Added: Dedicated server command #debug (userInfo) (Requires 1.87 client)

1.87  - New: Server can determine max. size of any single custom file acceptable on the server.

To do this add line MaxCustomFileSize=size_in_bytes into Flashpoint.cfg file.

Users with custom face or custom sound larger than this size are kicked when trying to connect.

1.87  - Fixed: Too many dead bodies were kept on server in 1.85.

1.87  - Added: Dedicated server command #debug (console, totalSent, userSent) (Requires 1.87 client, client output sent to OS using OuputDebugString)

1.86  - Fixed: Parachutes no longer smoke when destroyed.

1.86  - Added: function sideLogic

1.86  - Fixed: On dedicated server with mission rotating, after #login and #missions no missions appears

<span id='postcolor'>

Doolittle

At least you can play with 1.90 clients on 1.88 servers, so there seems to be no reason not to upgrade biggrin.gif

Sadly, Dynamic Range has some errors with 1.90, weapons don't get displayed in first person and soldiers do not sit sad.gif

But i made a funny picture of a driving tank with the crew standing on top of the tank biggrin.gif

No new vehicles, just minor bug fixes. I am grateful but sense that this may be the last patch the Flashpoint games will see.

Now BIS may focus on their future project.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (benu @ Nov. 21 2002,15:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sadly, Dynamic Range has some errors with 1.90, weapons don't get displayed in first person and soldiers do not sit sad.gif

But i made a funny picture of a driving tank with the crew standing on top of the tank biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I will be working on Dynamic Range update tonight/tomorrow.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No new vehicles, just minor bug fixes.  I am grateful but sense that this may be the last patch the Flashpoint games will see.<span id='postcolor'>

well thats what i thought when they released Resistance but when 1.85 came out, i dont know? (although admitadley the new units in 1.85 were, erm... shit. Scuse the French biggrin.gif )

At first, I was a little dissappointed.  It said nothing of the sound bug that plagued 1.85.  But has been fixed(atleast on my computer) with 1.90. Thank God smile.gif  smile.gif  smile.gif   They should definately add that to the things 1.90 fixes.

Edit:I tried it in a few different places and it seems like it doesn't fix it 100%, but its a fair amount better.

I just notice that their are 2 different patches aviable: one for ofp:resistance and one for the ofp:game of the year

I like the vehicle exhaust stuff. Looks great. I had no idea the Hummer's exhaust was right outside the front passenger.

I had thought the BMP always had exhaust??? Was it the only one before?

It's cool to sit there & just rev the engine & see the exhaust come out.

No exhaust on planes or helis it seems? I suppose the wind blows it away before we can see it, riiiight?

New mission: passing your SMOG test. "The enemy is holding your mechanic prisoner and Joe law is coming after you for bad exhaust. Can you make it to mechanic in time??"

From a programmer's aspect, I'm just curious how you added this feature to all the models? Did you hard code in "if Car then exhaust here" or "if BMP then exhaust here", or are the exhaust spots somehow flagged on the model?? Will addons be able to have exhaust?

Doolittle

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Doolittle @ Nov. 22 2002,01:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">From a programmer's aspect, I'm just curious how you added this feature to all the models?  Did you hard code in "if Car then exhaust here" or "if BMP then exhaust here", or are the exhaust spots somehow flagged on the model??  Will addons be able to have exhaust?<span id='postcolor'>

The vehicles have had exhausts since v1.0, the feature just got broken in 1.85/1.75 or something and now its working again.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No exhaust on planes or helis it seems? I suppose the wind blows it away before we can see it, riiiight?<span id='postcolor'> Umm helicopters and planes dont have combustion engines like the ones in a car that smoke, all you would see is heat.

speaking of helicopters: I just tested airborne units in generel and placed 10 west helis on a seek&destroy mission which would be in a very small area. I hoped that with "Fixed: Airplanes try to avoid mid-air collisions." They mean all airborne units, but helis still crash into each other like usual. Planes however did very good. Not that I had any problems with planes crushing into each other, cuz there are rarely more than 3-4 AI controlled of them at the same time, but no crashes here. Maybe 'adjust' the helicopter AI for the next patch? Out of those 10 helis, only 2 were flying after not even 5 minutes. None was shot. They all crashed mid-air.

Thanks BIS! Your support is greatly appreciated.

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)