Sign in to follow this  
eXor

Is there an addon to get rid of this pesky radar?

I'm talking about the radar ( thermal imager for the fussy smile.gif that magically shows your enemy as red and friendlys as green.  Totally unrealistic and kills the immersion in vehicle combat.  It would be nice to have all the threats show up as neutral and it would be up to you to figure out if it's friend or foe.  I know chopper and aircraft systems can identify airborne bogeys with IFF and NCTR  but ground targets?

It would be nice to have the option to shut it off.

Good Idea....It does make OPF a little less realistic. Only planes should be able to know. There must be a way to turn it off. I bet it is located in a configuration file or something. Anybody have anything else to add?

confused.gif

Btw- I hope someone can figure a way to shut it off , it should be avalible only to planes and choppers! smile.gif

exor...i believe mike already found the method last night...ask him about it when you see him next

I have to agree. It would really make OPF alot better to get rid of that red blip! biggrin.gif

I think the radar range can be limited in config.cpp, maybe it can be set to zero or something?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (343rdBadger @ Nov. 06 2002,01:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">exor...i believe mike already found the method last night...ask him about it when you see him next<span id='postcolor'>

And how about posting the solution here after? wink.gif

yeah u can mess around with the config.cpp and remove it or  get an  RKyl addon caleld KylRealismPack.pbo  that has enhanced versions of the tanks  and one enhancement is no radar biggrin.gif

Either change the type (below) or switch it off (below).

unitInfoType=UNITINFOHELICOPTER;

hideUnitInfo=1;

Prospero

I'm trying to find the means to JAM the radar on all vehicles within a radius of my EA-6E prowler.

If anyone has any idea's post them in the A-6A forum for me.

thanks

DragoFire

I do not think this post is talking about any complete addon. Therefore it is moved to Addon Config, which seems to be most appropriate forum section now for this kind of questions.