Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: How to define attributes in o2

Can anyone please explain to me what i would have to do to define a tank in O2?

I have this fully skinned model sitting in there, i toy around with the LOD's, make selection groups and stuff.

But i have NO CLUE how to :
    -define where the crew gets in the vehicle
    -define where the driver,gunner and commander will sit
    -define how these crewmen will be when in "turn out" position.
    - How to define the turret rotation axis
    - How to define the gun axus
    - defining the tracks
    - The wheels
    - the coaxial gun
    - the head and tail lights.
    - how to define the muzzleflash and smoke

PLEASE someone point me in the right direction, i am getting nowhere this way.
    I've installed a zillion Terabyte harddisk and downloaded half the internet, but i just cannot find that info anywhere.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">-define where the crew gets in the vehicle[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    In LOD "Memory" by point named "pos driver" (without quotes)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">-define where the driver,gunner and commander will sit[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    By "Proxy" object`s. For M1A1like vehicle it will be "proxy:M1A1driver.01" for driver, "proxy:M1A1commander.01" for commander and "proxy:M1A1gunner.01" for gunner.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">- How to define the turret rotation axis[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    In LOD "Memory" by point named "OsaVeze"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">- How to define the gun axus[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    In LOD "Memory" by point named "OsaHlavne"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">- defining the tracks[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    In LOD "Memory" by points named "stopaLL" (track Left Left), "stopaLR" (track Left Right), "stopaRR" (track Right Right) and at last "stopa RL" (track Right Left).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">- The wheels[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Wheels must be named. "kolL1", "kolL2" and "kolP1", "kolP2" (L means Left and P means Right) for non "bumping" wheels (like driving wheels). Other wheels should be named "koloL1" - "koloL6" and "koloP1" - "koloP6".
    note: This wheel names are just for tanks.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">- the coaxial gun[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    In LOD "Memory" by point named "kulas"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">- the head lights.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    In LOD "Memory" by points named "P svetlo" for Right light and "Konec P svetla" for right light course and "L svetlo" for Right light and "Konec L svetla" for left light course

Sergeant Major
    May I ask... is Wiev Geometry what AI use to detect vehicle behind other objects?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">May I ask... is Wiev Geometry what AI use to detect vehicle behind other objects?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Yes. And objects hided behind View Geometry are not rendered. If is View Geometry not present, is used Geometry.

AHHHH thanks a lot, now i can get started&#33;

I have noticed some of these group/memory names can be changed from the config.cpp, for example there is a setting like this:

class Turret
    {
    gunAxis="OsaHlavne";
    turretAxis="OsaVeze";
    gunBeg="usti hlavne";
    gunEnd="konec hlavne";
    minElev=-4;
    maxElev=20;
    minTurn=-360;
    maxTurn=360;
    body="OtocVez";
    gun="OtocHlaven";
    };

So if those Czech namings confuse you you can change them to something you remember better

adn what is the problem if i place the m109 in the editor and push preview and he returns to windows without a error?

what do i have to do?

Staff Sergeant
    Araon: I still dont know what the Fire Geometry LOD do&#33;?&#33;

FlipeR

Sergeant Major
    Vixer:

You probably miss some vital lods. I tried previewing a model a couple days ago and the game crashed. When I looked in o2, it was because it only had model LODs, not geometry or memory (or anything else).

thnx Gimbal

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast