Sign in to follow this  
Paaris

"extrude"

What does the extrude mean and where do I find it?

"Extrude" is a very usefull function in 3D editing. It lets you create 3-dimensional objects from 2-dimensional faces. It looks like when you would take a piece of paper and drag/form a box out of it. You simply make it three dimensional. biggrin.gif

SO you see it's pretty usefull, especially for weapons editing. BUT it's not implented in Oxygen Light (the version we got).

BY THE WAY- BIS: WHEN DO I GET MY NEW UNLOCK CODES??

Well... The tutorials say, that the extrude option is there, but I can't see it anywhere.. =(

I had problems with it as well.

read the m16 tut in the first part of it making the top handle.

I struggled with it for 20mins until I read it a little closer.

Read the last line.

"Allways create contiguous polygons if not, they will be most probably facing at differ sides. Ok. Now u have created one side of your weapon. But it is bit thick, so u need give it some depth. Ideal tool for it is "Extrude" function. U can see at selected side blue strokes - normals. Lock axis X in side view window and press "G" for extrude selected faces, press and hold right mouse button and drag to side where are normals facing. NOTE: Extrude function is not available in Oxygen Light so you have to do it manually."

extrude was removed from the first m16 tutorial...

some of you got it before it was replaced.

It was replaced about 24 hrs after the site opened so if you got the tutorial after that time.. don't worry about it.

Please download the new M16 tutorial and it will have a work around for extrude.