Sign in to follow this  
suma

Muzzle flash visible?

Many of you reported problems when trying to use CfgModels to avoid selections like muzzle flash not be visible all the time in HW T&L mode.

Resolution should be to use CfgModels config section. There are however some problems with this. I recently investigated the issue and I found that since 1.45 there is a bug in CfgModels processing that causes models are not

processed correctly and often cause crash. As a result 1.45-1.46 is not able to properly load MLOD format models.

We are currently looking for some solution. We will probably try to speed-up releasing binarize tool so that you can convert your models into ODOL format. I will keep you informed.

woooohoooo! this means i can save the remaining little hair i have left and concentrate on just building things *stops tearing his hair out*

=)

/HuBBa

Finaly! TNX for informing us Suma!

FlipeR

So suma could this be why when i changed to m60 with its tripod down it wasn't in the right format so it works but not with the 1.46 version? confused.gif

If so then great because i thought i did something wrong but its actually the game.

it might be, but it might also not be.

I checked your model yesterday Rob but it lacked a Memory LOD (with the barrel start/end and casing eject points).

So i tried to do the same thing, loaded up an M60 model, changed the bipod. But it still crashes the game.

And after fixing the cpp a bit, i know it wasn't a cpp error. Because if i changed the model to the original game M60, it worked.

/HuBBa

Suma: apart from beeing able to save to ODOL when we get that tool, will we ever get the chance to open ODOL models in Oxygen?

FlipeR

hubba are you saying that you can't make the m60's tripod to stay down and work? confused.gif

btw i used the old bo tool so maybe this was ****ing it up.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">will we ever get the chance to open ODOL models in Oxygen?<span id='postcolor'>

No. There are several reason for this:

1) we do not have any conversion tool for this

2) some information improtant for editing is not stored in ODOL models, therefore after editing such model it would be dammaged in some ways (for example all edgdes would be considered smooth for shading purposes)

3) we will provide you sample models for all vehicle and weapon classes in MLOD format, therefore you should be able to live without it.

This has been already discussed in certain extent here.

so suma would it ever be possible to create a converter?

Well i for one say "to hell with ODOL, Long live MLOD!" =)

If we get all the models in MLOD, there is no need for us to open up ODOL. We will have access to all game models anyway (if i understand you correctly Suma).

So only thing we WOULD want to do, is to compile the MLOD into a ODOL when we are ready for release. This so it works 100% with the HW T&L and some optimization stuff. But open it up again? i don't see why.

So instead of trying to figure out a way to open up ODOL, lets make sure our MLOD editing works 100%.

Just my $0.2

/HuBBa

Yeah, it also gives us, the mod teams, the tools to protect our work somewhat, like BIS do themselves now.

I think that is a good thing.

I wouldnt like to see the M109 be turned into a beachbuggy which fires 155 mm shells for instance smile.gif

If we don't have to wait months for this tool, i'm going to wait releasing the vehicles untill we can convert to ODOL.

But for now, i still cant get the tanktracks to rotate, nor the supporting wheels. The driving and the spanner wheels DO rotate strangely enough.

I need an example model in MLOD. badly!

Gen. Carnage: in fact you have an example at you disposal - the U.S. M60 is in the DEMO! Open it and compare to you M109 Paladin!

BTW: Great work with it - you just need interiors wink.gif

FlipeR

The main advancement i see within ODOL is not T&L support or protected files - it's the smaller filesize!!

As many of us make real mods which will grow in data size we'll come to a point where we need as much space saving as possible! And ODOL models would be one of this ways smile.gif

Any update on when the binary conversion tools will be released? We are witholding any releases right now in waiting for the tools to create ODOL models out of our MLOD's.

/HuBBa

Yeah, Hubba is right - i have addon releases ready, but i don't want to release them with no T&L support!

Seems that with v.1.55 MP public BETA the well known "Muzzle Flash BUG" is gone and the cfgModels class section now works perfectly!!! Can somebody of BiS team confirm that?? TNX

FlipeR

None. But to all fairness. Lets not expect anything until Resistance is released. Then BIS can relax a bit and start worrying about us moaning developers again tounge.gif

Who knows, maybe we'll even get Visitor then.. *DROOOL*

smile.gif

/HuBBa

If you didn't noticed my previous post - in the 1.55 MP BETA test, the cfgModels section WORKS! This means that the muzzle flash bug is solved and with the release of Resistance we wont need any converters (since I assume the 1.55-1.60 MP BETA test will be Resistance's CORE)!!

FlipeR

Exactly, the ODOL faster loading, better protection from model ripping, etc.

/HuBBa