Sign in to follow this  
ciecato

Is it possible to have 2-sided faces?

Hey man,

do you know if i can make two sided face? like in 3dsmax i mean...

I tried to make a 2sided material and i applied it on a 3dsmax model.. than i exported it in 3ds format and i imported in oxygen, but the imported model have the map applied only on a side....

ther is a command in oxygen that do what i need?

plese help me

Thanks

I'm not absolutely sure on that, but I think it's not possible with the light version of OË› we've got. In some other topic someone from BIS said, "press F6 to create two-sided face". But it does not work (I've tried it). And again in another topic somebody else from BIS said "copy the faces you want to be two-sided, paste them, and press W" (W changes normals direction). Thats the only possibility I've found yet. Unfortunately that means you have to raise the polygon-count of your model (slowes down overall-performance).

Till later, PSC

It would really interest me if there is a way to add two-sided faces, since my models will get far more polys without than I expected.

One of my models would have 2800 faces (LOD 1) without 2-sided, but with 2-sided it would only be 2400. Ok, I admid, it's still a damn lot faces. But I'll check ingame performance and will see if it works.

Thanks, PSC

Two-sided faces are not implemented in OFP engine. It is therefore not possible to add them in any editing tool.

F6 adds new face. The advice you were given was to create a new face from the original one sharing the same vertices. It should be automatically created so that it has reverse orientation than the face already present. If not, you can change its orientation with Reverse (W).