Ok, this is a fill the spaces thread. Most of us are making models and managing ok, but I know there are many who don't fully understand all of what they are doing. I would like to gather all the purposes and uses of each LOD into this list.
1. Resolution LOD, is the one you see, and it's numbers represent the distance range it works in. LOD 1.00 will show that model up to 100 meters away from it. LOD 0.10 will show it up to 10 meters away, and so on.
2. Geometry LOD. This one defines the collision detection for the engine, as well as governing vehicle mass distribution, and therefore how it handles. Watch the blue dot, center of mass.
3. Memory LOD. Handles definitions for animated things, axis points, lights, smoke and so on. Quite a bitch because it's all in czech
4. View LODs. These are for models that show the part of the vehicle that the passenger would see, be he a pilot, gunner or cargo.
5. Fire Geometry LOD. This one I have no clue about, and would be nice to get input here.
6. View LOD. Not named for a crew position, so I'm not really sure what it does.
7. Hit Point LOD. Not used it yet, presumably for defining damage taken in various areas of the model. Confirm.
8. Roadway LOD. This one only really works in Resistance, but it allows vehicles to drive on this surface. In regular OFP, it only semi works, and if you walk and crawl on it, it makes the camera shake.
Í'm at work, so I'm probably forgetting some of them, feel free to add them if you know them. It would be nice to get real info on the LOD's I wasn't sure about as well.
Konyak (really bored