Q: While running OFP Resistance, error message "Cannot memory map file XXXX.pbo" is shown and game is terminated. What I can I do to prevent this?
A: This problem is often reported by ATI Radeon 8500, vNidia GeForce FX or similiar modern cards, especially with 256 MB of video RAM. You can try following steps to fix the problem:
- download latest OPF patch from http://www.flashpoint1985.com/download/download.html
- defragment your hard drive
- change BIOS AGP Apreture Size settings to lower value (32 or 64)
- install different (older or newer) video card driver
- try running in lower resolution.
- if you installed some unofficial addons, try removing them.