Sign in to follow this  
swillis12931

Wanzer Addon Not Detected by Enemy AI?

Hi all,

I recently downloaded the Wanzer A Type mech for my scifi mission only to notice that the enemy AI tanks won't engage the vehicle. The only vehicle that seems to be engaging my vehicle are the shilkas. My radar screen shows the enemy vehicles as white blips meaning non-hostile yet when the AI pilot in the mecha will engage the tanks. It's just that the enemy AI in certain vehicles won't engage which defeats the purpose of the vehicle in my mission. Do you guys have any idea what could cause this?

Here's a link of the vehicle I'm using : http://ofp.gamepark.eu/index.php?showthis=9446

Thanks

swillis

*************UPDATE***************

I got the enemy tanks to after I changed the armor values. Not sure why that was relevant for the enemy tanks to engage but okay...

Now the problem is that the mecha will not lock onto a target until it is shot at. I can sneak up on a group of tanks and try to lock onto them BUT until they turn and shoot at me, I cannot lock onto them with my guided missiles. I tried it with friendly and empty targets and I can lock onto them well before they attack. Any suggestions? Thanks all

swillis

Edited by swillis12931

Worked for me. I once made a mission about mechs attacking North Korea (yes I know... ;) ) and the tanks fired at me.

Hey noob1, I'm running FFUR 07 but I tried it with the plain 'ol OFPR and the enemy tank still won't engage. The infantry armed with AT weapons are attacking though and so is the Shilkas.

Maybe the North Korean tankers see mecha's more of a threat than the Russians do :confused: ? How far away did you have the enemy tanks away from you? I think the mecha may be too tall or something and it's being perceived as an air threat rather than armor. Thanks

Swillis

I tested the addon and Soviet tanks attack it normally. It seems it could be your issue for which I don't know the cause.

I got it to work after modifying the armor number. However, are you having difficulty locking on the enemy? I can't seem to lock on to the enemy until it starts to shoot at me which is kinda weird since I can lock onto friendly and empty vehicles with no problems.

I have no such issues, no. I use 1.99 version though (loaded via FWatch exe but this addon doesn't make any use of it), not 1.96.

There are some config issues that prevent some units from attacking the Wanzer.

I did some experiments and got all but shilka to attack.

Changes:

cost=1000000;

camouflage=8;

unitInfoType=UnitInfoTank;

I am not advocating editing addons without permission in any way. :)