Sign in to follow this  
ramiroxd1

How to create a gun in arma 3?

Hello, im new on this, and i have created a gun model of an m4 in 3ds max (.3ds, .fbx and .obj), now, the question, How to export into arma 3?, i have the arma 3 tools, but when i import the model into object builder i dont know what to do, i hope someone help me with a complete tutorial, thanks!

Two items of interest for you would/should be the sample weapon (MX 3GL-based) and the weapon config guidelines, the latter of which includes some items for what to do with regards to the weapon model as well, although it's meant for modders with Arma 2 experience (specializing in "what's different from Arma 2").

Thanks man! where i can find the sample weapon?

Thanks man! where i can find the sample weapon?

1. Open the Arma 3 tools.

2. Go to the "Misc" tab and click "Mount P Drive" OR go down to "Other" and click "Mount P Drive"

3. Find your P drive. Click the "Start" button, click on the "Computer" tab, then find the drive labeled "OS ( P: )".

4. Once you open the drive, you will want to click on the "Samples_F" folder.

5. Finally, find the "Test_Weapon_1" folder.

ok, respect to the weapon model, just need to import the model to the object builder and export like p3d? only that? not need align to the hands? etc, etc, and thanks again for help me with this

If you align you models trigger/triggerguard with the sample model it should come out looking ok. The memorypoints for the barrel and aimpoint may need some adjusting but I believe zachgibsons tutorial has topic to cover that.

There may be some changes in the config files so some things in the tutorial may be outdated but the link Chortles posted covers lates weapon configs.