Sign in to follow this  
acsriot

Custom Faction that uses Tryk's Gear?

Hey all -

So I'm building my outfits 3rd modpack and we've decided to use Tryk's amazing gear pack. Is there a way to make a custom faction that uses Tryk's gear so that it is placeable in the editor and zeus ? or is there one in existence already ?

I've tried making my own faction, but the process is extremely tedious with all the config.cpp files, and doing it on a massive scale would take many hours of work, is there a ulitiy that can make custom factions ?

-- Riot

There isn't one. It is just copy pasting all the time while changing little things like gun, uniform, vest, helmet etc because you don't need to add additional information just units loudout

Afaik, adacas is right. It'd be cool though if there was an utility such as LEA for modders, not mission makers.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Virtual Arsenal can help you, it has an option to export a load-out for config use IIRC.

And yes, it will take some time! Also, there will be some extra things you have to do if you want the units to be placeable for Zeus. You'll find further explanation on that in the editing section of these forums, or on the Bohemia wiki. :)

You can you the redress script (JSHOCKS). THats what i do :)

---------- Post added at 20:25 ---------- Previous post was at 19:19 ----------

@PhonicStudios, just noticed ur signature: "Do you like getting stuck in buildings in ArmA 3? Neither do I, please vote. ---

Thanks for voting, the issue has been announced fixed and will appear in stable 1.48 "

Awesome!!!