Sign in to follow this  
J3ANP3T3R

ARTILLERY SIMULATION without using scripts.

Good day ! ARMA 2 have been around for years and now i have revisited the game. mostly on editing and im fairly new at it. i have found difficulties in searching for editing tutorials in some of my target changes. most of which i prefer would not require a download of anything anywhere. just simple ingame editor usage.

i would like to share this one below if anyone still require them. its a simulation of an artillery strike and is actually just dropping bombs from the sky. where _InitDelay is how far up the first bomb will fall ( the higher it is the longer the delay for the bomb to explode ). _Delay is the gap between bomb explosion ( again not really time delay but height delay ). _Rounds is how many bombs will drop. _Radius is in meters(i think) from the center. these are the values you can change as well as the "ARTY_Sh_105_HE" ammo class. so basically you create a radio trigger ALPHA Bravo etc... then add this line of code to the ONACTIVATION box. then ingame- point to the ground where you want them to drop example a village etc. then call in your radio.

_InitDelay = 500 ;

_Delay = 100 ;

_Rounds = 10 ;

_Radius = 100 ;

CurrTarget = screenToWorld [0.5, 0.5] ;

Dummyobj = "Baseball" createVehicle [(CurrTarget) select 0,(CurrTarget) select 1,1] ;

Dummysmoke = "SmokeShellRed" createVehicle [(CurrTarget) select 0,(CurrTarget) select 1,1] ;

Dummysmoke attachto [Dummyobj,[0,0,0]];

for [{_x= 0},{_x <= (_Delay * _Rounds)},{_x = _x + _Delay}] do {

tX = (((CurrTarget) select 0) - _Radius) + random (_Radius * 2) ;

tY = (((CurrTarget) select 1) - _Radius) + random (_Radius * 2) ;

bomb = "ARTY_Sh_105_HE" createVehicle [tX,tY,_InitDelay + _x] ; }

BUT i have a problem again because i want to be able to point to a location in the map as well and not use my scope or aim at ground. i cant seem to find anything that will let me get the mouse position while on map then convert that into world position. i was hoping someone can help me with this

also if you want to add some sound to your trigger and hear it when you call in the radio just name your trigger and move your trigger to your player's position. example add to the code above ART_Trigger setPos (getPos player) ; where ART_Trigger is the name of your trigger.

i have also created an aircraft carpet bomb, GBU bomb drop simulation which im going to finish in a while. have a great day.

Edited by J3ANP3T3R
added additional info