Sign in to follow this  
mercenar1e

Arma 3 - Extended Edition Steam Sale

so the extended edition is $48.74 and it includes all the DLC but the DLC itself isn't discounted for prior buyers.. why is this?

...the DLC itself isn't discounted for prior buyers.. why is this?

What do you mean?

What do you mean?

DLC is discounted in the Extended Edition of ARMA 3 for new buyers. if you already own the game the only option is to buy the DLC at full price.

Arma 3 DLC Bundle - $24.99

Helicopters - $15.99

Marksmen - $15.99

They have different sales on different products all of the time. Just because a package is on sale doesn't mean the components of that package also need to be on sale.

Yep I was waiting for the DLC to go on sale, but it aint...Sucks... I'm not paying full price. I'll keep waiting.

so the DLC didn't go on sale twice in a row? wow that's great.

Supply and demand. Not christmas.

Yep I was waiting for the DLC to go on sale, but it aint...Sucks... I'm not paying full price. I'll keep waiting.

Yeah, I already have it but want to buy as gift fur a buddy. Will wait for sale though.

FYI, the DLC bundle is on sale now. -35% Oops, false advertising. Only 30% off.

Edited by Greenfist

35? It says 30% for me. Still a bit overpriced, especially if you consider that for 10€ more you get a copy of Arma 3 on top (extended edition). Yes the DLC bundle is more expensive than the game.....

Good luck BIS, but I´m waiting until it´s below 10€

Yes the DLC bundle is more expensive than the game.....

The logic you use to reach this conclusion is very flawed.

If you can't actually buy the game, on its own, for a cheaper price than you can buy the DLC bundle, on its own, that statement is just false. It's based on the comparison of imaginary prices.

You can't just divide a package's price into its components and then compare that imaginary price with an actual price. Yes, it's imaginary because you cannot buy that item for that price. There's a price for the extended bundle, there's a price for the DLC bundle, and there's a price for the game. You cannot buy the game component of the extended bundle separately, so there is no comparison. There is only comparing actual prices of what you can buy.

To demonstrate why making such comparisons is meaningless, let's make another one that results in your statement being completely false:

Extended Edition is $29.99, base game is $23.99. By that logic, the DLC bundle is $6.00. That's certainly not more expensive than the game. But if you subtract the DLC bundle's price from the extended price, the game is cheaper. See how it doesn't make sense to mix together prices of completely different packages? You can end up with different results depending on which you are comparing. It means nothing. All that matters is the prices for what you can actually buy. No more, no less. If X package is not worth Y price to you, don't buy it. End of story.

Edited by vegeta897