Sign in to follow this  
drunken officer

IEDtoMine V2 (totally reworked)

Hello guys.

I've reworked my IEDtoMine Addon. In the first version, you have to use a init, that a BIS IED working like a mine.

Now i've add 4 new IED to the game. They are all working like mine.

MagazineClassName: (to fill a box)

DOF_IED1_MAG

DOF_IED2_MAG

DOF_IED3_MAG

DOF_IED4_MAG

AmmoClassName: (to spawn them)

DOF_IED1_AMMO

DOF_IED2_AMMO

DOF_IED3_AMMO

DOF_IED4_AMMO

You can place them in the editor or spawn them. The BIS IEDs i didn't change.

There are no other addons require.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fcg92vv4lqart48/%40IEDtoMine.zip?dl=0

In this video i show you:

- how to find in editor (IEDs are mine)

- hoe to handle the BIS IED (they are remote bombs)

- how to handle my IED class and the different to the BIS IEDs (my IEDs are mines)

- Dammage on vehicles

@Foxhount

You released my IEDtoMine Addon Vers. 1 by Armaholic. Can you delete it and the "old" thread, because Version 2 is totally reworked.

• Like 1

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

** we try to never delete pages if not necassary, in this case I simply updated the existing pages with version 2 and updated the info ;)

================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. Soon we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I havent tested this yet, but i love the idea. I've created a few missions where what i did was attach a AT Mine to t he IED from vanilla arma. Would it be OK if i used your scripts to do it instead? If it works of course what what i am hoping to do? All credits would be given of course.

Thanks

If you use my new IEDs (Version2), you dont need a script. The IEDs are own objects they working like a mine. Place the IED on map and feel happy, when it blow up.

BUT in Vers1 was a init, because i got trouble with a arma weapon class. There was a script. Vers 2 is better for the performance, because the script from Vers 1 checked all the time, if some near to IED. And that for each IED. I think, use Vers 2 if you need IEDs they working like a mine

Hi. Check your private array .There are undefined variable making DOF ied disappear if you step over. Anyway is cool and useful script. But:

You have set it to explode when any of playable units /switchable units are near. I think the better way is to set it to SIDE. Many players playing around with spawned/generated AI units.

They are not in danger with this method. Any ideas how to make it in this way?

Next is the (vehicle player) possibility. You should think about this.

Edited by DaVIdoSS

Thx for the info

But if you use Version 2, dont set the INIT if you place the new IED class. You can select them in the editor. There is no script. They IED are inherit from APRES Mines.

You can find the new IED class under the menu "mines".

Then you have 4 new objects

DOF_IED_Mine1

DOF_IED_Mine2

DOF_IED_Mine3

DOF_IED_Mine4

Edited by Drunken Officer

Like i sed cant use DOF ieds because

16:48:22 Error in expression <iten > 0 };

_granate = createVehicle [_granatentyp,[getPos _usbv select 0, get>
16:48:22   Error position: <_granatentyp,[getPos _usbv select 0, get>
16:48:22   Error Undefined Variable in expresion: _granatentyp
16:48:22 File IEDtoMine\scripte\dof_fnc_usbv.sqf, line 29

Okay, this message i never saw. And i know why.

case "IEDUrbanBig_Remote_Ammo" : {_granatentyp = "Sh_82mm_AMOS"};
					case "IEDLandBig_Remote_Ammo" : {_granatentyp = "R_230mm_fly"};
					case "IEDUrbanSmall_Remote_Ammo" : {_granatentyp = "R_TBG32V_F"};
					case "IEDLandSmall_Remote_Ammo" : {_granatentyp = "R_60mm_HE"};

The script searching for IEDLand .... But again, DONT use the INIT if you use the new IED class.

The new IED Ammo classes are inherit from them, but they have anoher name.

Check the video 09:00 min - ... In this part, i spawn the IEDs. And they dont need a script anymore

Edit:

I removed the INIT, because the init is not necessary with the new IED class. And i renamed the IED (stringtable in english/german)

Well i have just enable your mod, put IED logic in editor, next some ieds on the ground. Without any init.

No, you don't have to use the init-Logic!!! Just place the IED (new class) on map. But i informed Foxhound. With the next update, the init logic is removed

edit: improve spelling

Thanks for informing us about the new version :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. Soon we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!