Drifter

Southern Waziristan (FATA), Pakistan [WIP]

Hello everyone, for those that are familiar with my past project "Korengal Valley", you might know what I came across with my Korengal terrain. Basically, I have to completely redo every last object placement on the Korengal terrain. So for now, the Korengal terrain will be on stand-by until I can either find a way to fix the issue and recover my TB and Buldozer from crashing when loading Korengal.

About this project:
This terrain is based in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas of Pakistan, located in Southern Waziristan Agency. For a google maps location click here. This terrain will be as close to the real life satellite images. The structures will be different, but the compounds layouts, roads, foliage and geographical features will be as accurate as I can get them.

Required Addons:

JBAD_Buildings

Time span:
This project will take time for the initial release, I may release an Alpha version on a unknown date. Due to me going on vacation on 6/14/15 to around 6/22/15 I will not be able to work on it while I am away on vacation. So I will try as much as I can to get some work done on it.

Pictures:

18582749132_9e64d5b0fc_o.png

17966611673_f82db26524_o.png

17964618954_f92348d94c_o.png

17964646754_1c74af698d_o.png

17964661404_295388474f_o.png

18560962726_28cb824783_o.png

18401190279_ff290a3b35_o.png

18401203179_41becc745c_o.png

Thanks to:
MilkM8n and smokedog for Jbad Buildings
ArmA 3 community

• Like 2

Looking forward to playing on this map

Absolutely outstanding work :)

Absolutely outstanding work :)

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

It's freakin awesome already

Thank you :D

looking good how long you bin working on this one know ?

just download this map Hindu Kush interesting to

looking good how long you bin working on this one know ?

just download this map Hindu Kush interesting to

I just started this a week ago. Hmm, never heard of the Hindu Kush map. Just looked at some pictures of it, looks like it will replace my version.

Edited by Drifter

When released, will this map require things such as JBAD Buildings or AllinArmA?

To refrain from getting in trouble on the forums, never ask when a addon or mod will be released. It is a form of spam on here, just to help you out :D

This map will require Jbad_buildings and thats it. It will be released when I release it ;)

---------- Post added at 08:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 AM ----------

New photos of a new town and area:

18744599011_599507b11a_o.png

18715876416_ea869e1615_o.png

18744641601_e62c4ee3a9_o.png

18554437528_2e33373c98_o.png

18744674801_7f5001f383_o.png

18715945556_88c0e554bc_o.png

18554496608_c5446528cd_o.png

what tool you are using to make them maps so fast ?

Just the Bohemia tools (Terrain Builder, Buldozer) with Mikero's PBOProject to pack everything. And L3DT to make my heights correct and map my sat map. I'm quit a fast builder, although I am new to the ArmA 3 terrain editing, so I have flaws here and there.

Today, as of 6/13/15 I will be on vacation. So the development of this terrain will be paused until I get back. Approximately I will be back in 10-12 days. Once I get back, I can then continue developing the terrain.

Thanks for those who are supporting this terrain.

Small update:

Coming back on Wednesday (6/24/15). I will then be able to continue work on the terrain.

To refrain from getting in trouble on the forums, never ask when a addon or mod will be released. It is a form of spam on here, just to help you out :D

This map will require Jbad_buildings and thats it. It will be released when I release it ;)

---------- Post added at 08:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 AM ----------

New photos of a new town and area:

chances for an AiA version are thin right?

chances for an AiA version are thin right?

AIA will not be present in this addon. The only addon that will be needed for this terrain to run is Jbad_Buildings.

Small update:

Coming back on Wednesday (6/24/15). I will then be able to continue work on the terrain.

Yes come back to us!

Damn mate! You are fast!

Looks good so far!^I hope you can keep up the high work-rate! Eventhough i would edit your "forest", they look a little bit generic, because you only use 3-4 objects (at least it looks like that) also i would experiment with scaling and rotation a little bit more. and add stones. Stones everywhere. :D

Damn mate! You are fast!

Looks good so far!^I hope you can keep up the high work-rate! Eventhough i would edit your "forest", they look a little bit generic, because you only use 3-4 objects (at least it looks like that) also i would experiment with scaling and rotation a little bit more. and add stones. Stones everywhere. :D

Yeah, the forests I always do last, kind of like what I did with my Korengal map, I added the tree lines with only trees and the small stones, once I get a certain region done of towns or valleys, I start adding larger rocks and more trees depending on the area. As of now, I haven't started to put a lot of detail in them yet. Mainly towns and villages as of now.

Thanks for the feedback :)

Finally, I was able to get together my little showcase / teaser video of some gameplay on it. I planned on releasing it before I left for vacation. Enjoy.

A little A10 Action at the end :)

Edited by Drifter

Looks like this will be the first destination my newly formed unit will visit. I'm SO pumped!!!

Expect a new trailer/teaser video soon of the current status of the terrain and of course followed by pictures of the newly finished areas ;)

This will be a pretty good and intense project for me.