GrumpyRhino

[WIP] Medium Utility Helicopters

Work in progress.

The helicopters in this mod are created from the medium helicopter from the game Take On Helicopters. Take On Helicopters: Samples

I replaced the original TKOH rotorblades with those from the old huey. Textures on the old rotorblades are made by CptDavo.

Additionally ColonelHartigan will be helping.

Not all helicopters are 100% completed yet, but they should all be flyable.

Bell 412 'Rescue'

UH-1D

UH-1N 'Blue'

Advanced Flight Model is implemented.

- Bell 412 helicopters uses the Mohawk AFM

- All others uses the Hellcat AFM

Download link:

Medium Utility Helicopters

During the next month more helicopters will be added to this mod.

Edited by GrumpyRhino
More info

Interesting! Considering that BI didn't release TKOH MLODs (unbinarized models), I take it that you debinarized the Bell 412 and UH-1 models?

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. Soon we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

New mod v0.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey GrumpyRhino , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

good work. Military uh-1´s are a bit to glossy.

but like you said. not finished^^

Interesting! Considering that BI didn't release TKOH MLODs (unbinarized models), I take it that you debinarized the Bell 412 and UH-1 models?

As RKSL-Rock wrote, I'm using the sample models released by BI. I added the link to the TKOH samples in the description.

Will we get those Toh Hinds too? :)

No Hinds, only huey style helicopters. I don't have the TKOH Hind in an unbinarized version.

I can add a UH-1D with medic interior, but there are more pressing thing on the to-do list before I get to that.

good work. Military uh-1´s are a bit to glossy.

but like you said. not finished^^

Glossyness will be tweaked later on.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.
New mod v0.1 available at withSIX.

Thank you.

Nice project!

Thanks.

note that you are actually authorized by BI to unbinarize the following PBOs if you want to use those assets in arma 3

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Take_On_Helicopters_Data_Pack

that pack was also released under the APL-SA license authorizing you to use it for arma.

here's the sitrep saying it http://dev.arma3.com/post/sitrep-00104

Edited by alganthe

note that you are actually authorized by BI to unbinarize the following PBOs if you want to use those assets in arma 3

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Take_On_Helicopters_Data_Pack

that pack was also released under the APL-SA license authorizing you to use it for arma.

here's the sitrep saying it http://dev.arma3.com/post/sitrep-00104

Unbinarizing has never been allowed, as per forum rule 3.

the wiki says the following:

Binarized data from the Take On Helicopters series in PBO files. The purpose of this package is to clearly identify which game data is licensed for public use and modification, and what are the related conditions and requirements. Note that files indicated as "parts" are separate archives which can be unpacked independently from the other parts of the package, the data was split only for the purpose of easier manipulation with the files. Please note that TKOH data are licensed for creating derivatives for both the Take On Helicopters and Arma games.

from the sitrep

You can download the goods via direct FTP links, but we recommend using our official Torrents. Another option is to subscribe to the (massive) "licensed_data_packages" branch of Arma 3 Tools. Various modders have asked us whether they can de-binarize the data within these licensed PBOs. Our goal is to stimulate the enrichment of the Armaverse with these releases. Therefore, we are OK with such use of the data, as long as the license is observed (Attribution, Noncommercial, Arma only, Share Alike for APL-SA). You can also go over the F.A.Q. for more information.

HI GrumpyRhino. Very nice addons! :) However I see that u write that in the next month u will add some Helicopters. U will add more type of heli, or you will add only new version of the heli u have release? Thanks and good job!

Hello, GrumpyRhino

I would like to congratulate him for the work done so far in this fantastic aircraft.

My group and I, we look forward for the next news and updates.

Congratulations!

Very nice GrumpyRhino I loved those helis in TOH glad to see someone is porting them to ARMA 3. The current version is great quality doesn't really seem like an alpha :), keep up the great work!

I would very much like to see someone take on a EC135 Medevac variant. This seems like a great pack to tackle that in!

Reference:

Corner View: http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w171/hooknladderno1/JeffSTAT/137LN-1.jpg

Rear: http://www.ainonline.com/sites/default/files/uploads/_mmp6482.jpg

Side: http://i.ytimg.com/vi/UvL_meooyZU/maxresdefault.jpg

You added hiddenselection for the UH-1D?

This will eventually have the sling load thing that carries people too,right?

For once ,we will get a stable helicopter flight model,from Take On.

I hope it will have a Search Light,movable from pilot seat.

Hi, I have a reply for Churrofighter and GamerOnkel about the textures.

I will be making some textures which will be included in this mod; I made a camo texture for GrumpyRhino for his last Huey mod (one of my source pictures was actually the camo Huey posted by Churrofighter) and look forward to working with him to bring many Huey variants to this mod. At some point down the line, this mod will definitely include a camo Huey variant like the one posted, a new Marines texture, a Heer army texture, and German SAR texture. And ideally I will get around to other variants too, such as the Australian Bushrangers, American SAR, or G-Huey. But I haven't much time for working on modding, and haven't much skill either, so it will take a bit of time, but I promise you they are in the works.

@GrumpyRhino

Amazing mod with high quality. Thank you for your work.

a Heer army texture, and German SAR texture.

Great to hear that. Here are two gallerys with very good pictures of the german "Tepichklopfer":D:

http://www.b-domke.de/AviationImages/Huey.html

http://www.helispotter.de/galerie/bell-helicopter/uh-1-huey/bell-uh-1d-71-53-884.html

In case anyone is wondering, I have not de-binarized anything. Binarized assets from TKOH are added as proxies. I wouldn't know how to use de-binarization anyway.:o

I would very much like to see someone take on a EC135 Medevac variant. This seems like a great pack to tackle that in!

Sorry, it's more than I can handle.

You added hiddenselection for the UH-1D?

Will be added later(hopefully in the next update).

This will eventually have the sling load thing that carries people too,right?

For once ,we will get a stable helicopter flight model,from Take On.

I hope it will have a Search Light,movable from pilot seat.

Only normal slingloading. I don't know how to make people-slingloading.

So far searchlights can only be operated from turrets. I'll try experimenting with it later.

I can't find any of them in the editor

Some helicopters are civilian. Look under the civilian faction.

Next update is almost ready, I just needs to fix a few more big bugs. Update will be ready before saturday.

It's not that, they're just not loading up into the game. I'm unzipping the .rar with 7-Zip, do I need to use a different program?