Sign in to follow this  
road runner

AI Choppers not working properly

Good day gents, Just bought myself a new PC and reinstalled ARMA2 (from steam backup) and now all my AI choppers suddenly take off on their own/and keep spiralling and don't follow any waypoints.

I disabled all mods and even vanilla missions, the AI Chopper gets airborne and then spirals away off the map.

Short of downloading the whole series again over a 56K modem speed, has anyone encountered this issue before?

You need to be more specific mate. What AI choppers in what mission? Your mission? Did you place them in editor or spawned by a script?What waipoints? who placed the waypoints? etc.

Mirek,

When I open up the editor, on old missions I created, and even ones from Norrin (fast rope/taxi) etc, as soon as the game starts, ALL the AI placed choppers start taking off, and have what can only be described as some gyroscopic issues lol, they all just rotate around collide or crash, all AI choppers appart from the stock AH6 little birds for some weird reason.

For example, if I set up a mission using Norrins Helo "Taxi go to script" on 99% of the stock and chopper addons (normally I use Konyo's MH47) normally the chopper sits there, and waits for me to call it through the menu interface. But as soon as I enter the mission, the chopper(s) spool up, take off, rotating like it has a tail rotor issue, If I then call for "Helo Extraction" it goes through the motions, including popping smoke, apart from the extraction chopper is sideslipping away right off the map, it looks like it's trying to correct itself, but the long and short of it is, the only chopper I can set up, is the stock MH/AH6 Little Birds.

I've disabled/Removed every single MOD I have including ACE, and had the vanilla game, the problem is still there with stock choppers, I've deleted and re downloaded Norrins script to make sure the copy I have isn't corrupted somewhere, but the issue keeps occuring.

If you're familiar with Norrins Helo Scripts, theyre simple to use.. well they were on my other PC !!

I'm off back to work where I have a fast internet connection, and unlimited download, I have a feeling I will be better off deleting the current files and redownloading the whole shebang again over the next few weeks I'm away.

I hope that's a bit better info for you, I have a feeling it's something simple?

I think the script is the problem. Try this. In vanilla game in the editor, just place a chopper with crew, and give it few waypoints, trigger them via trigger radio or whatever metohd of triggering you prefer.

I see the script is in fact a lot of scripts working together. Make sure you didnt accidentaly delete any of them. Also the script is from 2011 game has been updated alot since then, and i know about at least one script that dont work properly anymore.

I suggest ditching the script and using the Arma vanilla chopper transportation system via SOM module.

Here is how it works:https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Secondary_Operations_Manager I use it for single player only, in multiplayer the transport chopper gets stuck sometimes.

You could be right about the broken script, as I've update the game 2-3 times as I'm in the steam beta updates, and it could have broken the script, I will give your method a wee try and see what happens and get back to you, many many thanks for responding as well sir.

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

Okay, Mirek, Vanilla game, stock chopper (UH60) giving it a flight pattern of a 2 Km box it spirals out of control and doesn't follow any waypoints, replace it with the MH6 and it's fine.

Even created a new profile where there are no saved games or missions the off thing as well that even in the splash video for the menu, the UH-1 is seen flying and spiraling out of control..

I have a feeling I might have an issue with one of the air.pbo's and have to download the whole series again :(

Good Day to you Mirek, I have since discovered it was a conflicting mod, by removing everything, and restoring the game from the back ups, and then going through my 20GB worth of mods.. So far all is good, I've got about another 10GB's worth to check, nothing wrong with the scripts mentioned, they work fine in the sample missions... now it's a case of finding the offending devil!!

Thanks for your help though, it's very much appreciated ;)

Iam glad that your problem is solved even if i vasnt able to help. Happy playing!