Sign in to follow this  
Sanchez Milsim

CO@02 The Shoot - MCN Hazar Kot

THE SHOOT

Hazar Kot - Afghanistan

MAsxRhq.jpg?1

COOPERATIVE 2 SLOTS

*SITREP*

Hazar Kot, Afghanistan. Inteligence located an HVT in area with insurgency activitie. JSOC deploy a sniper team to hunt objective.

*PROCEDURE*

You will be inserted on a near mountain at 3 km of AO. Move to AO, Establishing a position from which you can shoot the target and go undetected. Not authorized the attack on the complex.

Features:

-No Join in progress.

-Premade loadouts

-Random enemies

-Optional HC

-Call to prayer

ACE features:

-Revive time 700 - unlimited lives

-Medic settings basic

-Only medics use ephinefrine

Mods needed:

@ace

@ALiVE

@AllInArmaTerrainPack

@CBA_A3

@Leights_OPFOR

@MCN_HazarKot

@RHSAFRF

@RHSUSAF

@task_force_radio

@TRYK

Optional:

@ASR_AI3

Download:

mega.co.nz

Steam Workshop

Armaholic

Edited by ESUSSanchez

This is without a doubt one of the laziest, most badly made missions I've ever seen. One enemy, 5 km of walking, the enemy had no pants and didn't respond to our shots, the engagement radius was 500-600m because it uses 7.62 bullets. Overall, not worth the effort to download the map, which begs the question - why the hell did you even use THAT map when you could've just used any of the readily available be it from a vanilla collection or All in Arma collection.

Just being honest here as I also made a few sniper missions and trust me - it's obvious when someone just doesn't put in the effort.

If this is your first mission (or you're generally new to the mission-making) then please accept my apologies for being harsh. Continue working and they will get better...

Trolls will be trolls... Chypsa, you´re seing a naked enemy cus you don´t have all mods loaded (probably TRYK, sometimes a missing requirement doesn´t prevent the mission loading due to similar config on vanilla or other loaded mod), with ACE and advanced ballistic on, it is already challeging to take one target over 700 meters (the sniping position was over 850 meters from the target), lot of windage and elevation corrections, and I guess you´re fond of steamworkshop high octane action from the very start of mission, but guess what, some missions try to simulate real ops, and snipers do walk miles and miles to score... A SINGLE TARGET!

ESUSSanchez, liked a lot the mission, just wonder if the ALIVE was really necessary for civies population around the target... TPW´s script would do the job (just my nitpicking cus I don´t like to use ALIVE with SP)

cheers!

I had all the mods loaded correctly and some extra. It's possible that the extra mods caused the issue. I did have all the mods from this list though and the extra ones were just regular stuff like ShackTac Hud, Blastcore, JSRS, TFR, STStamina, Cyprus PTH, which really shouldn't cause issues of that magnitude as they have nothing to do with the equipment.

As I said, I created a few sniping missions myself and they also had some walking/sneaking/avoidance, no problem there. Problem is - there was nothing to sneak around. Literally, there was only one guy on the map, no civs at all and the guy was naked.

As for the range od engagement, I've sat on 590m because there was nothing around the town to worry about. But, one thing I'd like to point out is that taking out an enemy at 700m really isn't that big of a deal in Arma, even with ACE ballistics. Would be if the weather was poor and the wind was stronger... 700 on sunny weather with mild wind, you can get away without using Kestrel or ATrag...

All that said, I really apologize if the error was on our side. Maybe it was the matter of the server misbehaving or messing something up. I'll try and test it on a home-PC dedicated server and report back my findings.

This is without a doubt one of the laziest, most badly made missions I've ever seen. One enemy, 5 km of walking, the enemy had no pants and didn't respond to our shots, the engagement radius was 500-600m because it uses 7.62 bullets. Overall, not worth the effort to download the map, which begs the question - why the hell did you even use THAT map when you could've just used any of the readily available be it from a vanilla collection or All in Arma collection.

Just being honest here as I also made a few sniper missions and trust me - it's obvious when someone just doesn't put in the effort.

If this is your first mission (or you're generally new to the mission-making) then please accept my apologies for being harsh. Continue working and they will get better...

Thanks XD. All gave me good references. I hope the next time you load you to handle the necessary mods. Is not my first mission. I used the map MCN Hazar Kot to change a little because never use Altis and I'm tired of using Takistan etc. Anyway the mission must be updated since the classnames of Leights Opfor have changed. You have not been hard on me just your kind of game can be more oriented domination , king of the hill etc.

---------- Post added at 07:29 ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 ----------

I had all the mods loaded correctly and some extra. It's possible that the extra mods caused the issue. I did have all the mods from this list though and the extra ones were just regular stuff like ShackTac Hud, Blastcore, JSRS, TFR, STStamina, Cyprus PTH, which really shouldn't cause issues of that magnitude as they have nothing to do with the equipment.

As I said, I created a few sniping missions myself and they also had some walking/sneaking/avoidance, no problem there. Problem is - there was nothing to sneak around. Literally, there was only one guy on the map, no civs at all and the guy was naked.

As for the range od engagement, I've sat on 590m because there was nothing around the town to worry about. But, one thing I'd like to point out is that taking out an enemy at 700m really isn't that big of a deal in Arma, even with ACE ballistics. Would be if the weather was poor and the wind was stronger... 700 on sunny weather with mild wind, you can get away without using Kestrel or ATrag...

All that said, I really apologize if the error was on our side. Maybe it was the matter of the server misbehaving or messing something up. I'll try and test it on a home-PC dedicated server and report back my findings.

Thanks for your comment, I use alive only to change distance view and as framework to test with admin actions. THanks!!

---------- Post added at 07:31 ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 ----------

The error that you are reporting its classnames of new version of Leights Opfor. I update mission with new classnames now. Sorry for inconvenience but i update when i can. This is not a job.

I had all the mods loaded correctly and some extra.[..] ShackTac Hud, Blastcore, JSRS, TFR, STStamina, Cyprus PTH, which really shouldn't cause issues of that magnitude as they have nothing to do with the equipment. [..] As I said, I created a few sniping missions myself and they also had some walking/sneaking/avoidance, no problem there. Problem is - there was nothing to sneak around. Literally, there was only one guy on the map, no civs at all and the guy was naked. [..]700 on sunny weather with mild wind, you can get away without using Kestrel or ATrag... [..]Would be if the weather was poor and the wind was stronger... [..] All that said, I really apologize if the error was on our side. Maybe it was the matter of the server misbehaving or messing something up. I'll try and test it on a home-PC dedicated server and report back my findings.

Strange, indeed those mods shouldn´t interfere with spawning of units... maybe LOP version (it has been updated twice last week) was the cause, cus I´ve played with lotsa patrols, armed technicals shooting at my estimated position (a 3 man patrol got close to me, got hit by a shoot on the leg - but managed to defend myself with a Glock 18 I´ve added to my loadout as PDW using MCC Virtual Arsenal) and a handful of striding civies to confuse me (after taking down some guards, the target finally ran way from the compound so I could spot and shoot him... and I had a lot of wind deflection, spent few cases to drop him! So we´re definatly NOT playing the SAME mission!

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

Yea, I just checked all the updates for mods and loaded only the ones listed in the mission on a dedicated server and the same thing happened. The guy had no pants, the map was completely empty and there were no civilians at all. Maybe the OP just needs to update the mission and post a new download with the mods updated. Or something...

Anyway, glad to clear that up...

EDIT: He beat me to it :)

Yea, I just checked all the updates for mods and loaded only the ones listed in the mission on a dedicated server and the same thing happened. The guy had no pants, the map was completely empty and there were no civilians at all. Maybe the OP just needs to update the mission and post a new download with the mods updated. Or something...

Anyway, glad to clear that up...

EDIT: He beat me to it :)

Please check with new update

Will do when I have the time. I'll report afterwards.

It seems to be working now. Patrols are present, vehicles are there, guards on roofs and Arsenal is available.

Gonna play it through at some point :)

U are the best!! Great mission!!

• Like 1

It seems to be working now. Patrols are present, vehicles are there, guards on roofs and Arsenal is available.

Gonna play it through at some point :)

Okkkk

---------- Post added at 05:39 ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 ----------

U are the best!! Great mission!!

Thanks!

Quick question - ATrag is not allowing us to edit atmospheric conditions. It's the same for both of us - the button for temperature, bp and relative humidity does nothing. Is this an ACE problem or a mod-clash or something third? Some help would be appreciated.

Quick question - ATrag is not allowing us to edit atmospheric conditions. It's the same for both of us - the button for temperature, bp and relative humidity does nothing. Is this an ACE problem or a mod-clash or something third? Some help would be appreciated.

I dont know but im going to ask it to my clan dudes. I think probably in ACE forum topic you can find answer.