Sign in to follow this  
Stuh217

AI Jet flying

Ok, my question is rather simple, but I couldn't find a previous thread detailing my particular issue. My apologizes if it exists...

When I'm playing a singleplayer scenario (specifically WLA: Amalgamation) I notice that jets, both enemy AI and friendly AI, always tend to fly somewhat low, and go in circles around targets I know they can see. I'm also very confident they aren't out of ammunition in these instances. Example:

I'll be traveling, either on foot or in a vehicle, across open ground and a squad member points out a jet. I see it and just watch as it circles me. Even as I'm moving, it's pretty clear it's following me. Only rarely do they disappear, to come back using its cannons, but then the circling continues. Bombs and missiles are never used, whether against me or other AI targets. I think I've seen rockets engaged only a handful of times.

After watching this happen countless times, and eventually just going about business as usual even when a jet comes by, I started to get the idea the reason examples like the above are occurring is because 1. they fly far too low and 2. they simply don't approach from a far enough distance to engage in a threatening manner.

So what's going on? Am I delusional? Is there a way to fix this? Are they doing something crucial that I'm not aware of? Is there an AI mod that changes this? I've been using several addon jets, but the result is the same whether they are addon or vanilla. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, because I would like jets to be actually threatening to me on occasion...

You are playing a mission maded by someone. It depends in the mission.

If the guy who made that mission didnt give to the plane the attack order, and only give it the follow action or something like that, the plane will never attack you.

First, you should think that this game is fully customizable, as you can see in the custom mission you played.

(Sorry for my bad english. im from spain and here the languages...like a shit.)

Most vehicles that don't have a designated anti-infantry weapon (HMG, GMG, or Minigun) won't engage infantry on sight, unless that infantry begins to fire upon that vehicle. Or, that's the way it used to be. I could be completely wrong.