Sign in to follow this  
infiltrator_2k

Absolute Brilliant Game Just About The Silly Flaws

Like Dslyecxi I'm in awe of Arma in all of its glory. But annoyingly it just seems like it's the petty things that let Arma down. Only recently did I add a bunker whilst editing a mission only to discover a player couldn't access the upper level. Not a problem I thought, I'll just add a ladder... errr scrub that... but I at least wanted to see what it's like to stand on top of that bunker, so I spawned an unit above the bunker only to discover the unit spawned in the levitating/jogging action :dozingoff:

Moving on I proceeded to add a speedboat to the mission only to find that if the boat so much as touched a grain of sand on the beach it's beached with no way of un-beaching it unless you ram it with something like a tank, when realistically a unit's shove would have done the job. As petty as these issues are, it amazing how much of the shine such petty flaws take off Arma and it begs the question why the devs haven't fixed these niggles. :j:

I was beginning to wonder if you were okay, I hadn't seen a thread started by you in a month or so. Though I am glad its not another thread bemoaning the MP scene and the rampant TK'ing etc.

On topic though, the game does have many niggly flaws, some of which you pointed out. Hopefully we'll see fixes for them rolled out in future updates.

Welcome to Arma?

It has often boggled my mind that after all these years BIS hasn't been able to polish the basics up a bit

Which bunker was that? I only know about 2 bunkers; the first one is just small non-functional prop with doors, and the other one has ladder to upper level.

Personally, I don't really pay attention to those few "petty flaws", I concentrate on the other thousand flawless things.

edit. oh, you must mean the low one with sandbags on the roof? No, you're not supposed to go there, the bags are not for cover but to hold the roof in place.

Edited by Greenfist

Upper levels need love in more ways than one and I hope much is remedied with the work going into the 3d editor. Now that we'll all be placing units on rooftops and second floor, gravity will very much be a desired side effect.

As far as grounded boat your correct. Saok's WLA mission features a boat push off that is desperately needed in game as well.

Which bunker was that? I only know about 2 bunkers; the first one is just small non-functional prop with doors, and the other one has ladder to upper level.

Personally, I don't really pay attention to those few "petty flaws", I concentrate on the other thousand flawless things.

edit. oh, you must mean the low one with sandbags on the roof? No, you're not supposed to go there, the bags are not for cover but to hold the roof in place.

It's not much of a sandbox/open world then :icon_neutral:

It's not much of a sandbox/open world then :icon_neutral:

Yes, it still is, in my opinion. Since most (if not all other) building models can be walked on. Bunker's geometry is just incomplete. You should post a feature request (not a bug, because you can't get up there naturally) ticket on the feedback tracker.