Sign in to follow this  
jc_

IG chat and server telemetry

Am I correct in assuming the game doesnt allow you to filter server generated events like people losing connection, joins/quits/whatever out of the actual inter player text communication?

At times it's rather frustrating to try and keep up with whats being texted due to chat scrolling by with useless server telemetry messages.

Can we please be allowed to the option to see only player typed messages in chat.

Really like this idea, would even enable this to side and global channels. If I don't really care what others are doing and just want to focus on group / vehicles / command channels I would love to be able those channels out with two options:

- Totally filter selected channels out, enable / disable specific channel to quick keys

- Filter selected channels if the sender is further than X meters out.

Would defeat a purpose if it needs a mod since environments where you play with mods there is usual much stricter communications anyways (private ops).

Even the idea of being able to disable side/global VON in public makes me drool, I know you guys are working on making the chat experience better via the audio Q&A and would love to see something like this enabled.

Possible cons are that people totally screw up their chat settings but do enable a reset button and hide them behind some advanced button that also has a popup that messing with these can seriously damage your multiplayer experience.

Edited by folklore