Sign in to follow this  
MrHemlocks

Coming from War Thunder Multiplay to ARMA 3 .... WWII mod player count

I have been playing War Thunder for some time and just recently heard about ARMA 3 and its WWII mod. What is the mod like? Is there a strong multiplayer community or just a few servers that are all but empty? How realistic is ARMA 3 WWII mod compared to War Thunder WWII combat tanks?

I bought IL2 Battle of Stalingrad after I was led to believe that there a is strong multiplayer community...and that is not the fact. Just hoping this games online Mod play will be different.

Looking for WWII combat that is very detailed...

The WW2 modding comunity is very slow, very methodical and produces the best quality mods out there.

Unfortunately after all their efforts, its only played for a short time by the masses and then slips into the shadows where few host servers for it.

I wish this was the other way around. This is a real shame.

Maybe with A3 being too Sci Fi, it may get a second breath, but with ACE3 on the horizon, unfortunately that will take all the limelight.

There a lot of WWII style games available, and your right about the Multi-player aspect, it isn't always possible to find a thriving on-line community for all of them. But for ARMA 3 the appeal is often the editor and the ability to create your own missions in your own way and use community made content to flesh it out. Iron Front in Arma 3 is the spearhead in this sense of WWII modding for ARMA 3 and if (like me) playing on-line with others is not the real incentive, I most often play COOP against the AI, it is top notch and still growing and developing. You can imagine that with the amount of different mods editors can add to their missions, running a remote dedicated server and deciding which missions to add to it is going to throw up problems, and the way around this is to play with a clan who can get together and decide which missions to play and prepare their set up for them.