Sign in to follow this  
das attorney

FSM Editor - Cannot open!

Hi,

I'm using the FSM editor included in Posideon Tools and it's working nicely.

I try to use the new official FSM editor but get a pop-up dialog saying "Cannot Open !"

I've tried setting the compile config to:

E:\Applications\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Tools\FSMEditor\scriptedFSM.cfg

But no dice. Verify local files was ok. Also I tried editing the first line in the FSM to point to the new compile config:

from

/*%FSM<COMPILE "E:\Applications\Poseidon\Data\Packages\Bin\fsmEditor\scriptedFSM.cfg, zoneManager">*/

to

/*%FSM<COMPILE "E:\Applications\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Tools\FSMEditor\scriptedFSM.cfg, zoneManager">*/

But that didn't work either.

Anything else I should be trying?

Thanks, DA

Hi,

Does-it happen when you load the file from FSM Editor or when you open it from a file?

It happens when I double click the .fsm file. I tried from "file >> load" just now and it works.

Thanks for getting back to me btw :)

The cause has been found and should be fixed soon ;)

In the meantime, you can do the file association with the script called "FSMEditorStartScript.bat" (located in the FSM Editor directory) instead of the exe.

Excellent work :)

I also noticed it seems to have stopped doing that annoying thing where it auto-scrolls the code-pane up to the top when you lose focus (or am I imagining it)?

Lastly, have you got any plans to let us make the text larger in the code-pane? I often struggle to read the code as it is so small.

1) Thanks :)

2) Indeed, this has been changed last week :cool:

3) You can change the font and its settings form the menu item "Change Edit Font" (Options) :rolleyes:

3) You can change the font and its settings form the menu item "Change Edit Font" (Options) :rolleyes:

Hehe seems obvious now you pointed it out - I can see again so time to select the A-Team font for editing in style xD

I'm afraid this is still an issue after todays update, clicking directly on an fsm file now results in the message 'Cannot open! File not found.' as opposed to the previous 'Cannot open.' message. Tried verifying, running fileassoc and running FSMEditorStartScript.bat to no avail.

As always, opening fsm editor first then opening the file works.

Yes, it's not part of this update because we want to bring a robust solution and double check everything because the issue is not as simple as it seems ;)

Ah, in that case I shall return to the corner of the room and continue to impatiently tap my foot whilst glancing at my watch every now and then in the most annoying way possible :)

Edited by Sari

Little late but can confirm it now works on my end. Owe you may beers!

Not working on my end :(

Still getting the "Cannot open! File not found." message - I've validated local content on Steam and checked it's E:\Applications\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Tools\FSMEditor\FSMeditor.exe that's trying to open them so not sure what the issue is.

Have you tried to run FileAssoc to refresh the file association? Can you confirm that you're using the version 1.3.3.16 which is the latest?

Can you confirm that you're using the version 1.3.3.16 which is the latest?

That was the problem - I was on 1.3.1.2 (stable). I've updated to dev and it updated to 1.3.3.16.

Thanks for the tip (I didn't know there was a dev branch for tools btw)

All working now though :)

Was just about to come here with the same problem but was a bit late.

Been using the old FSM editor thus far, just now realized to switch to the new one.. :p

Anyhoo, am I the only one having this problem: none of the keyboard shortcuts work in the FSM Editor?

EDIT:

Complete delete and re-install, and running the tool as administrator fixed that, nice but weird(?)..

Actually, more weird is that if I run Steam as Administrator the keyboard shortcuts won't work no matter what, but if I run FSMEditor as admin and Steam as regular the shortcuts do work... :confused:

Sorry for hijacking thread...

Edited by h -

No worries, I was aware of this issue but I wasn't able to reproduce it. But now, thanks to you, I got a lead to follow :rolleyes:

Ah, I shall add to this then :p

It's really weird, the shortcuts working tends to be a bit of a hit 'n' miss.

Basically if I launch the FSM editor from the tool launcher (started via Steam or desktop shortcut) the keyboard shortcuts work normally.

But, if I start the editor from the .exe in it's installation folder, or from a desktop shortcut to said .exe, OR by double-clicking a .fsm file they don't work.. :confused:

It's a hit 'n' miss in the sense that in case of opening by double-clicking a .fsm file the keyboard shortcuts on very rare occurrences work, if they do and I open another instance of another .fsm file the same way in that instance they don't work but still do work in the one opened first..... :shrug:

EDIT:

Oh, and to add to the confusion if I launch the FSMEditor from a desktop shortcut as admin the keyboard shortcuts work, but if I launch it from the .exe file as admin the shortcuts again do not work... :annoy:

On top of that when the keyboard shortcuts don't work in the design window they do work in the script window (the ones that are meant to work init; undo, delete, save etc..)

Edited by h -