Sign in to follow this  
q-sens

stamina bar indicator

Stamina bar in hud?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Stamina bar in hud?

• Yes, i want a stamina indicator!
    • No need for another indicator on the hud.

Hello,

Just a thought about stamina in Arma 3.

I guess many players including myself still feel confused about the stamina system.

I do like to think it's more realistic and helps avoiding players carrying a crazy amount of gear on them.

Now what i think is, in my case, i am confused because i don't have a clear hud indicator.

I have an indicator for ammo, when low or empty i know i have to reload.

Why not the same for stamina?

I was playing R34P3R's mission today and yes.. the simple bar works great.

What would be the issue implementing this to A3 vanilla?

(even without the colors.. just a white bar filling or emptying as you get tired)

ibeEEueIOarzaw.png

Whilst you wait (a very long time) for BI to implement this, there is this mod that adds it to all missions.

i for my part would like that as healthbar... ^^

I may play with mods that strip so much of the idea of "health" but doesn't it strip away a little bit of you don't know how close you're to death. It seems a very arcade approach to Arma since it one of the leading military simulators

Seems very mixed opinions on poll.

I have to say in real life you may not know your exact limits you have a very good idea of how tired out you're and how close you are from just a tad out of breath to almost collapsing. I feel that it works for all games purposes it's a good idea as fatigue isn't exactly the indicated in the best way.

no thanks,the auditoryfeedback, pulsing screen and swaying rifle let me know when the character is gettign tired. the exact percentage isnt quite as important (there is a mod that does that and if you goto the virtual training you can see your exact fatigue, etc )

but more importantly, why sprint all over the place? you can jog for a really long time now without being overly fatigued. its holding shift to sprint that tires you out. especially if you want to carry many weapons and multiple mines, etc. and if you stop and rest you regain most stamina super fast.

Edited by twisted

@twisted I get your point. Maybe it could just be an option in the difficulty settings?

People wanting to go pure milsim are able to disable the whole hud (seeing your ammo on hud is not much realistic neither)

and casual players are able to display more indicators.

What i wanted to point is unless you do research about it, it's not clear how the stamina works.

How long does it take to rest? Should i crouch, sit or prone? Does walking regenerates stamina?

How long can i sprint, how long can i jog? etc.. So many questions i guess many players have still now.

Having the indicator would help understanding the mechanics and having a good feel of how things should be done.

As i'm posting, the poll results are 50/50.

An option to display or not the stamina bar sounds appropriate to me and would match the difficulty settings logic.

It's fair and everybody will be happy. (It would also avoid players completely disabling the fatigue)

What i wanted to point is unless you do research about it, it's not clear how the stamina works.

You can test different loadouts on virtual arsenal and see how the stamina system works.

maxresdefault.jpg

Arsenal is really a great place to learn everything. Spend some time there and try to get a feel of how fatigue build up and recover.

Back on topic though, I think we have quite a bit of feedback ingame to know how fatigued we are. We have the sway, heavy breathing, slowed movement, and white halo around the screen. I find it more or less enough for me to get things done.

I find it pretty simple as it is, when you start slowing down and heavy breathing/screen blurring you know you're out of stamina. You also get a feel for it pretty easily after a while by just using some loadouts a few times and learning from that.

You could always use Shacktac stamina bar which sits in the bottom of your left hand side of the screen its not in the way and it helps a great deal because in real life your body gives you signs that you are getting tired and in the game what you have to wait till you are having a stroke and are completely fatigued. Here is the link http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26237

Whilst you wait (a very long time) for BI to implement this, there is this mod that adds it to all missions.

yep i use this also, does health and stamina on bottom right of screen

Thanks everyone for your advices and reactions.

Players are divided regarding this.

That's why again, having an option to show or hide a stamina indicator/bar sounds the best solution to me and

we can all spend time having fun in-game rather than debating here on the forums :D

Edited by Q-SeNs
typo