Sign in to follow this  
jassida

Can't resume multiplayer saved games

Hi.

Tried with a couple of missions now.

I can resume on my own no problem but it just sits forever at the sending data stage if my buddy is involved.

A couple of thoughts:

1. Do we both need the same mods installed (or no mods)?

2. When we first start it always sends the mission (which I thought was great as stopped me needing to send the in advance. Maybe I should send it first?

Thanks.

I think MP saving only works when running a dedicated server, but I could be wrong. However, please see below for your other concerns.

1. Do we both need the same mods installed (or no mods)?

Yes/Either. Ideally run the exact same mods, loaded in the same load-order. Whilst there are certain mods (such as some AI mods etc) that only requires to be run on the server, for best results (read: fewest issues) run the same mods.

2. When we first start it always sends the mission (which I thought was great as stopped me needing to send the in advance. Maybe I should send it first?

Wont make much difference other than initial loading time of the first run through.

It did work(buggy) in earlier versions of the game when you hosted locally. Haven't tried it in over a year so it maybe some patch have broken it completely.

Thanks.

Will try modless and see what occurs.

If that doesn't work will try a dedi-server.