Sign in to follow this  
pd3

Post 1.42 performance opinion, I'm impressed.

I've had some time to acclimate to 1.42 and get everything settled as it were, and I've had some proper time to do some significant testing with various scenarios and varying mission sizes etc.

I'd have to say in spite of some misgivings I've had about the initial "surprise" associated with the release, the performance improvements I'm seeing overall are fantastic.

I've had a chance now to directly compare missions of varying size and scope from both their 1.38, 1.40, and 1.42 incarnations, and I can say that somebody with a modest system such as myself, I'm seeing huge improvements.

Even against the performance enhancements offered by popular custom memory allocators, and the largeaddressaware - tweak, I'm personally seeing tremendously improved performance even when using mods such as the original release of DragonFyre and Alive, and even in architecturally dense environments such as Fallujah, Avgani, with large numbers of dynamically created AI.

The improvement is significant to the point where the game is now actually easier to play when a lot is going on, which was previously a bit of a problem for my system.

I don't know what you guys at BI did, but you managed to pull a rabbit out of your hat.

I thought in spite of my previous complaints and criticisms, I'd offer compliments where they're due, as the improvements as I can see them are remarkable, and I would say that I accredit a good part of that to you folks at BI for listening and paying attention to your end-user community, which is both scarce and valued in the industry today.

So cheers to guys at BI, I know I may come off as jaded and cynical, but that's just because I love the series so much, paying attention to customer concerns is not lost on somebody even as grouchy as myself.

I would be also keen to know if anyone else has taken note of improvements (or detriments) to performance as per their own experience.

Edited by Pd3

yes agreed. I'd taken a break for a few weeks and came back to 1.42. Much smoother from the load screen to actual play. Nice one BIS

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk