Sign in to follow this  
thr0tt

VON Broken please fix.

Most server admins (I do for mine) manually disable VON given that there is teamspeak, and more than likely they disabled it because of morons on the server, so thank them.

Nuff said, move along.

What a detailed and comprehensive bug-report. I'm sure BI are assembling a crisis management team to enact an immediate response to this issue based on your in-depth feedback :rolleyes:

Thanks go to KoffeinFlummi whom I am paraphrasing.

What a detailed and comprehensive bug-report. I'm sure BI are assembling a crisis management team to enact an immediate response to this issue based on your in-depth feedback :rolleyes:

Thanks go to KoffeinFlummi whom I am paraphrasing.

There is a ticket with comprehensive bug report my friend, that bhsnt worked for the past 12 months, inthoughtn maybe this direct way would be a better approach . I can't be the onlymone who believe the in game VoIP makes or breaks the game, sure there's some weird workaround where you have to talk for a few mins then it sort of works for a bit but that just is impractical in most servers. Side is shafted, group has the above workaround, why is it that hard to find and fix, I play very seldom just because of this now.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=18733

Edited by Thr0tt

Then maybe linking to that ticket in your original post would have been a good idea, rather than a 4 word post. Linking to the ticket allows forum users to up-vote it and hopefully get it the attention it needs...

Then maybe linking to that ticket in your original post would have been a good idea, rather than a 4 word post. Linking to the ticket allows forum users to up-vote it and hopefully get it the attention it needs...
Yeah your new new cop in the forum... whatever, tools are tools... As for Von its been bad since forever(A1) and is very low priority I believe with BIS. Its terrible in MP when it did kinda work due to all the cross talk. But thats not a real reason to bag it.. the real reason is it takes up to much bandwidth/packit stalls or some such net foo issues. If it was a MP browser fillter choice, you would see only one or two Servers using it. even if it did work. I am making that up, but the point is nobody but Thrott wants it,,,,

Tho we can't help with von stutter in 'trouble shooting'. i do hope our Moderators allow the thread.

We know the problem doesn't have an easy fix --the easy fix would've been done long ago.

I'm thinking we may well need a "headless client" solution. --Where von runs independent of the core game.

We certainly need a fix ..., And the fix may be something great, something unique.

And the fix may be something great, something unique.

Its called Teamspeak/Mumble/Ventrillo :P

Tho we can't help with von stutter in 'trouble shooting'. i do hope our Moderators allow the thread.

There was already another thread on the subject, so they may lock one or the other (or merge them I guess)

Edited by Jackal326