Sign in to follow this  
jakeplissken

How to lase targets for the Titan with the new remote designator.

The Titan launcher with AT rounds can lock onto a laser dot as well as the conventional vehicles. If you connect a remote designator to the UAV terminal, you can lase a target with it and then hit it with a rocket. Even if it is a building or a person. Uncheck the autonomous checkbox in the uav terminal and then press CTRL-T in the designator to lock the turret onto a target. Then it will stay lasing a target and will not drift off. This can be useful in multiplayer when you are after a group of personnel and you do not want to snipe them with a rifle.

This tip should work also with the DAGR rockets on the orca and Blackfoot. I hope this really helps someone out.

I don't think the Titan with any rounds can lock on to laser designated targets.

IT would be cool however as a means to hit targets beyond visual range with help with friends.

The DAGR also does not lock on to laser designation , ACE3 chances that.

The titan has a laser guided rocket if i'm not mistaken. This means that you are capable of hitting targets over terrain because once launched, it will track the coordinates of the target if marked, and than follow the laser once in flight. It takes skill to do this, in other words, you need at least one other person to help spot and use the laser while you wait for the mark, and fire.

The titan has a laser guided rocket if i'm not mistaken. This means that you are capable of hitting targets over terrain because once launched, it will track the coordinates of the target if marked, and than follow the laser once in flight. It takes skill to do this, in other words, you need at least one other person to help spot and use the laser while you wait for the mark, and fire.

I thought it was wire guided just like the real life spike thus having the ability to change target mid flight.

I thought it was wire guided just like the real life spike thus having the ability to change target mid flight.

Well, from the model of the missile, it it's got sensors and what not to track. But, no sure, as it serves both purposes, except for the AP rocket, which is strictly wire guided.

Well, I was playing Domination and I found out that it can lock onto a laser dot on a building or other object as long as it can see the dot clearly. I used this to attack infantry with the AT missiles. I just thought that this could be useful to someone. This way you could assassinate someone by firing a missile at them and blowing them up. I have not tried this with the PCML yet, but it might work with that launcher too. This was at 1200 meters too.Made it easier to take out a partially hidden vehicle as I could just lase the building next to it and use splash damage to do the job. This is with the Remote Designator in the DLC. A very powerful tool.

Here I am locking on with AP missiles onto a laser dot.

http://oi58.tinypic.com/15ed73q.jpg

But this does not work with the PCML.

Edited by jakeplissken

Well, I was playing Domination and I found out that it can lock onto a laser dot on a building or other object as long as it can see the dot clearly. I used this to attack infantry with the AT missiles. I just thought that this could be useful to someone. This way you could assassinate someone by firing a missile at them and blowing them up. I have not tried this with the PCML yet, but it might work with that launcher too. This was at 1200 meters too.Made it easier to take out a partially hidden vehicle as I could just lase the building next to it and use splash damage to do the job. This is with the Remote Designator in the DLC. A very powerful tool.

Interesting.

Was not able to duplicate this. I tried the darter and laser designated some land did not work. I tried the remote laser designator but it simply shifted its view direction as soon as I released the controls.

Was not able to duplicate this. I tried the darter and laser designated some land did not work. I tried the remote laser designator but it simply shifted its view direction as soon as I released the controls.

Did you hold control and press t to stop drift as stated in op.

As far as I'm aware the laser and titan does not work With the equipment I have used.

Have not tested the remote designator yet so heres hoping it actually works as op said. be a nice addition.

Did you hold control and press t to stop drift as stated in op.

As far as I'm aware the laser and titan does not work With the equipment I have used.

Have not tested the remote designator yet so heres hoping it actually works as op said. be a nice addition.

Sure did. was not able to duplicate would be a cool feature maybe its on dev branch.

Yes, you need to press CTRL-t to lock the turret. I just tried this with the guided rounds from the Sochor and they were dead on. This is another way to use a laser designator for attacking targets. I am not using the dev branch of Arma 3 either. This does work quite well, but you need to have a good view of the laser dot if you want to hit a building with a titan missile.

Cool stuff, didn't know you could actually lock on with the AP. Works like a charm, even on stable. The only issue are UAVs sometimes derping around when they reach target altitude and thus throwing off the laser.

That's no different that simply SACLoS-ing the round on target with the crosshairs. What we really need is the ability to do an NLoS attack over an obstruction. Have a spotter lase and then relay target data via radio datalink (!ACTUAL USE FOR RADIO!), then the Titan's optic would show a sort of firing solution, azimuth and elevation lines where, if the gunner fires the missile without a lock and in that direction, the missile is released in a LOAL mode and climbs up, eventually turning down to lock the target. Would be really cool. I drew this up about a year ago: http://imgur.com/a/qSrlf had the Darter in mind, but a human observer would work as well.

And if not vanilla game, hopefully ACE3 will do it :)