Sign in to follow this  
MachiViBritannia

Conventional Warfare In Arma 3

Now before people say this should go in the Addons-Request // Wishlist thread I would like to say it is more like a statement about the game.

So I know we all totally love our extra-terrestrial friends from CSAT, but after reading through a lot of the history and fictional back story about the Arma 3 setting, it seems that CSAT is actually made up of more than just Iran (our favorite ETs) but larger Eastern countries as well like China and Russia (Canton Protocol Strategic Alliance Treaty). Seeing how the NATO forces have assets from The United Kingdom, I could almost say I expected some exterior assets for CSAT, like Russian or Chinese special forces to give a bit more flavor to the game and scenario. NATO has UK special forces under it's subcategory "Men (story)" meaning that the units weren't exactly meant for use outside the story and custom mission making. When I see this potential yet missing content I really feel as if there is a lack of resources inside the Arma 3 game. I mean, there are two types of boats for use. For ALL factions. There are roughly 3 base uniforms for troops, not too many ground vehicles, and almost no ground forces in general.

What I am saying really is that I expected BI to really make a DLC like a "DLC". Meaning not releasing platform updates along with the DLC to make it seem like there is a lot with the new update when really there isn't. I just wanted to see a change somewhere along the lines of how they made OA for Arma II where they introduced a whole new list of factions, multiple terrains, gameplay, and campaign.

I would just love to see Arma 3 take on conventional warfare as it did with every other installment of the series. Not just small battles between Aliens and Cowboys.

:yay:

Russia is likely not in CSAT, and we'll probably see Chinese forces.

From what i've heard so far, CSAT consists of Iran, China, Russia. Any other nations in the treaty, are unknown. Given the way the story line has been heading, it looks like China is our next encounter, along with some kind of Special Operations work.