Sign in to follow this  
lev

BIS Endgame server with 3rd person off?

Hey,

As the title suggested, would it be possible for BIS to host an official server for endgame without 3rd person to cater to both types of Arma players?

This should be possible to setup, let me get back to you in a while.

EDIT:

109.236.82.30:2302

Endgame #01

Veteran

109.236.82.30:2402

Endgame #02

Regular

There are now two official EndGame servers, #1 is on Veteran difficulty and #2 is on Regular difficulty.

Have fun! ;)

Edited by neokika

Awesome thanks!

I wish more server admins would turn off 3rd person for the PVP game modes.

Its dificult to do a filter in the multiplayer game servers to only find games without the 3º person view?

I dont play much cause its hard to find these servers (hardcore, mercenary,HC, 1pv, no3p, 3p:off ...) i found servers in veteran with 3p allowed so the veteran tag doesnt help to find em.

Its dificult to do a filter in the multiplayer game servers to only find games without the 3º person view?

Any reason why there is not this filter?

Any reason why there is not this filter?

Because it's information that isn't readily avaliable for the server browser. It'd either need to read and parse the entirety of the server profile for each server, which would drastically slow it all down. Or it'd need a description.txt variable made for it, that the mission designers set themselves, similar to the way gametype is used.

I wish more server admins would turn off 3rd person for the PVP game modes.

would be to easy

Because it's information that isn't readily avaliable for the server browser. It'd either need to read and parse the entirety of the server profile for each server, which would drastically slow it all down. Or it'd need a description.txt variable made for it, that the mission designers set themselves, similar to the way gametype is used.

Where does it currently read the Veteran setting from then if it isnt the .profile ?

Just wondering.

A bit off topic but what about showing ennemies on the map ? This is not fun at all for pvp modes.

Is it possible to make a script to disable the ennemy markers so whatever the level of the server (recruit, veteran) then the markers are always disabled ?

I dont play much cause its hard to find these servers (hardcore, mercenary,HC, 1pv, no3p, 3p:off ...) i found servers in veteran with 3p allowed so the veteran tag doesnt help to find em.

Is in Bohemia's plans to add this filter in the future?