Sign in to follow this  
epicgoldenwarrior

Bottom Text via Script

Was wondering how I could do this:

7s8SBC1.jpg

in code instead of having like 50 triggers.

And yes, I am fully aware of sidechat and stuff. I want to use this.

Thats a trigger effect.

Thought that would be obvious *-*

---------- Post added at 01:10 ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 ----------

Pretty sure thats it though, will try tom. Ty

Thought that would be obvious *-*

Maybe to somebody who actually uses triggers. Anyway, I hope that's what you're looking for

I'm more of a primary mission maker and a secondary scripter. The way I've learned to do things is obviously a little different, (For some reason I forgot how to do this; I dont use it often) but the results are similar. No one cares whats going on in the background of a mission most of the time anyway.

---------- Post added at 12:39 ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 ----------

P.S havent tried ir yet lol but I'm 97% sure thats it. Thanks for your help

No one cares whats going on in the background of a mission most of the time anyway.

I died a little inside after reading this, because it's so true. I guess only 60% of these people probably even think about what's going on behind the scenes in a mission and 99% of them never bother to find out.

I died a little inside after reading this, because it's so true. I guess only 60% of these people probably even think about what's going on behind the scenes in a mission and 99% of them never bother to find out.

And 100% complain their asses off when they break it.

Heh, true. Grand Theft Altis was one of my 1st missions, and if you open the file, there is literally probably like 200 things linked to one guy. Lol. I suppose the only time they 'really' would care is if they do have a scripting background, and they know of a way to make it more fps 'efficient' but thats one of the only scenario's that I could see someone actually looking into it. Those who don't make missions really don't know how hard and complicated/annoying it can get (like replaying a mission 50+ times [a day] to make sure everything is perfect). Currently the mission I am working on is using cutscenes - you'll be suprised to find out how I'm using the 'cameras' haha.

I think you're looking for this

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/cutText

specifically example 3. You can omit the layer if you dont have other messages occuring at the same time/dont mind them overlapping each other

ie

cutText ["BlahBlahBlah","PLAIN DOWN"];

you can also set the fade time

ie 2 sec

cutText ["BlahBlahBlah","PLAIN DOWN", 2];