Sign in to follow this  
mac1

My Mods have dissappeared!

Just opened up ARMA3 after a few weeks of not playing it (and looks like a steam update my have broken most of my mods!).

Now getting a splash screen before I load the game and it seems to show only a small number of the mods I had previously installed mostly the ones I had loaded through steam workshop (I normally enable them in game after loading them into the main ARMA3 folder) - strangely the only ones that are showing appear to be ones I downloaded through steam - these now are appearing in my mods folder "ARMA3" main folder with a @at the start of the folder name (and only these are appearing in game) all my other mods are appearing as they would normally with a folder name and then a folder name starting with @ - but these are not showing up in game anymore so I cant enable them - anyone got any ideas??

Same thing happened to me. Note sure but I think it may have recently occurred with some sort of roll-out of the A3 launcher application via Steam.

But don't worry bro, because there is a solution to your problem! When the launcher opens, there are 2 tabs near the bottom. the left-hand one will redirect you to steam and the right-hand one will search for file-paths to local addon content. You will have to manually select the file-paths to each of your addons in your A3 directory. Its a pain in the a** but once you're done, you'll be able to save 'profiles' with different pre-selections of addons. Kinda cool really.

Hope this helps!

@Broduz

thanks for the replay!

1)Think I understand so if I want to add my MCC sandbox mod for example then do I direct it to the top folder "MCC" or the folder below which in my case starts "@MCC"? - I need do nothing else and I can leave them all in the main ARMA3 folder?

2)Also its weird for the 7-8 or mods it seems to be already picking up (I think this is some of my steam content) these 7-8 mod folders are appearing magically in my ARMA3 folder now with the "@mod name" as there top folder - all my other manual content is appearing as I left it with the "mod name" folder at the top and "@mod name" folder below.........

3)If I add steam workshop content - I guess I don't need to do anything should it automatically be loaded or do I need to manually configure it?

Hey mac1, to answer your questions.

1) You got it!

2) My guess is maybe the mod author packed the files a specific way, that they show up like that even through steam. Weird man lol

3) Automatically loaded, dude.