Sign in to follow this  
infiltrator_2k

Scheduled Notification & Server Restart?

I've read that creating a batch file and adding it to the schedule.xml can restart your server within a set timed schedule whilst notifying players of the restart. I've had a trawl of the net but can't a simple batch to accomplish this. Does anyone have a batch I could use for this?

Cheers

Ian

We use FireDaemon, it's well worth the money it costs and has never let me down once, in over 3 years.

+1 for Firedeamon

You can also get a discount for non profit making organisations if you display a banner of theirs on your site

It is extremely useful for giving access to admins to run batch files etc without giving them backend access.

You can run schedules from once a second to once a month and you can set the service to automatically restart after a crash

+1 for Firedeamon

You can also get a discount for non profit making organisations if you display a banner of theirs on your site

It is extremely useful for giving access to admins to run batch files etc without giving them backend access.

You can run schedules from once a second to once a month and you can set the service to automatically restart after a crash

Can I sent people playing on my server a notification that the server will be restarting in a set time using this tool?

Not directly from the app but if you could write a script or a dll to do that then the app could run that script as and when required and then fully automate a shut down, restart and send the message

Edited by Terox

Can I sent people playing on my server a notification that the server will be restarting in a set time using this tool?

Use BEC to do that.

Use BEC to do that.

I was using Bec, until Nuxil terminated the service that is. Are you still able to use it?