gc8

Base generator script

Hi.

I wanted to release this base generator script for arma 3 in case someone needs one. I haven't found any other script that would generate bases or towns for you in arma 3 so here you go.

What it does is like the name says, it generates a base with walls and buildings inside it at selected location, size and angle.

screenshot

I originally released this for arma 2 so it's missing certain capabilities that are not supported in arma 3 (under work).

Hope you find this script useful. I have put together a demo mission where you can see the script in action.

download from here

Install instructions:

Download from the link (click download button in the page)

Extract the zip to your arma missions folder

Start arma editor and load the mission, click preview to run

Edited by gc8
found good 3d editor

Not going to lie, when I read the title I thought it was a power generator script, that designated an object as the generator and when destroyed/damaged would turn out the lights in a base/certain area :P

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. Soon we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Not going to lie, when I read the title I thought it was a power generator script, that designated an object as the generator and when destroyed/damaged would turn out the lights in a base/certain area :P

lol. yes i understand. the "generator" is term often used in programming.

@foxhound. thanks. now I have better download link too. lol

Does this allow to always have a helicopter landing pad?

yes there can be landing pad in the base. I actually forgot to put the painted landing zone in there (now there's only couple of hangars.) but i'll try to add some landing zones there if I can just find the object name for it.

---------- Post added at 09:37 ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 ----------

isn't that more like a mission generator? seems like it has base templates though.

uploaded new version. what's new:

the buildings are now more evenly distributed across the base

added landing pad

bug fixes

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. Soon we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Took this baby out for a spin just now and it has some incredible potential! Thanks for sharing. I think detecting flat surfaces to place the base on will also help with some of the building placements.

Hey gc8 I don't really understand your script. Does the player have the ability to build or generate the base any where he wants during the mission or does the base always need to be spawned at the marker location that was setup before the mission. Avibird

Hey gc8 I don't really understand your script. Does the player have the ability to build or generate the base any where he wants during the mission or does the base always need to be spawned at the marker location that was setup before the mission. Avibird

what the script does is that it builds base at the location of your choosing. You can call the script to build base at marker or at player position or wherever you want.