tokyoindia

RoC Republic of China (Taiwan)

de8359b2-acf8-4dba-a74f-5eb1c6ef85ea.png

I'm pleased to release my first add on for Arma3. The Republic of China Armed forces. At the moment the add on only represents the Republic of China Army but I plan to expand and include other branches of the RoC military soon. The RoC is a very interesting subject but I'd like to make it clear this add on is not a political or racial statement in anyway and is not intended to offend anyone. Please read the READ ME file in the download.

Features:

Army

-RoC Army re-skin in ERDL camouflage with PASGT helmets.

-RoC reserve's re-skin in ERDL camouflage with M1 helmets.

-RoC Special Force's Sniper team in MultiCam camouflage with PASGT helmets.

-Optional TFAR radio pack re-skinned in ERDL.

Airforce

-F-16 reskin (dependency on Firewills F-16C).

-RoC Air Force fighter pilot, helicopter pilot, multi engine pilot and ground crew re-skins.

General

-Asian faces and Taiwanese names.

-Static weapons courtesy of RHS.

-High quality small arms and vehicles again, courtesy of the RHS team (RHS and CBA mod dependency).

-Short single player mission (@AGM required).

-Signed with Keys (First time doing this so I apologize of any errors).

Requirements:

@CBA

@RHS Escalation

@F16C_Standalone (Firewill)

Recommended (and required for the mission):

@AGM

Future plans:

-RoC Army Digital Uniform

-RoC Military Police

-RoC Marine Corps

-RoC Airforce

-AMV-7 re-skin to represent CM-32 "Clouded Leopard" IFV

-M60A3 (more of a dream than reality)

Notes:

At the moment these RoC units are equipped with US weapons due to the similarity's with real RoC gear. If there are any modellers out there who would like to have a shot at making a T-91 rifle then that would be amazing! Most other weapons are essentially the same as RoC equipment all but in name. The reason most units are not equipped with scopes,optics and other shiny items is because most RoC troops are not equipped with them.

I know the RoC is currently phasing in digital uniforms for the majority of it's forces and believe me I'd like nothing more than to add them in game but I cant find any decent high quality images to use as a base. And unfortunately my skills are not good enough to make any from scratch yet. So if any one can link me up with high quality samples of the RoC Army digital camo and RoC Marine digital camo that would be amazing.

When the new Marksman DLC is released I'm thinking of equipping the reserve forces with the M14 as its virtually identical to the RoC Type-57.

From my research their seems to be a Taiwanese squad out there who play Arma3 and are working on some RoC assets but their site is in Chinese, if by any chance any of the members see I'd love to talk with you guys.

All feedback is welcome! Also I'd love to see any mission or campaigns involving the RoC. :)

Credits and thanks:

-The RHS team.

-Massi and SPCraig for their PASGT helmets.

-SPCraig for his M1 helmet.

-Slatts and Soul for their great texture templates.

-Cpl.Lib for testing and helpful feedback.

-TFAR team for their great project.

-Firewill for the great F-16.

-Razor for his knowledge and assistance.

-BIS for the game!

Download:

File Dropper

http://www.filedropper.com/roctaiwan_1

Armaholic

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28445

PlaywithSIX

http://play.withsix.com/arma-3/mods/OAkRKTyKTkamXTJa9KXpuw/RoC-Republic-of-China-%28Taiwan%29

Other:

This mod should not be used in any way for profit. It should not be uploaded to Steam workshop. Please ask the original authors before using their work and myself for my work.

Pictures:

(The two real life ones were my inspiration)

107410_2015-03-22_00009.png

107410_2015-03-22_00002.png

107410_2015-03-22_00005.png

107410_2015-03-22_00004.png

107410_2015-03-22_00006.png

107410_2015-03-22_00010.png

1_2010050905500288h1B.jpg

ROCA_optic_8-660x387.jpg

Thanks.

TokyoIndia.

Edited by TokyoIndia

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@TokyoIndia;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way by using any filesharing service and add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

I am pumped for this. If you already have RHS, thus is a no brainer. Will likely make West To East China version. Thanks!

Thanks to Kecharles28 and foxhound for the mirrors!

Edited by TokyoIndia

Man I really got this confused with the PLA for a sec. Great work :P Feel sort of dumb but hey we all make mistakes. And I am sure Taiwan will purchase M1A1 or M1A2 abrams in the future if that's the setting your going for. But a patton would be cool to see, I am sure one will get ported soon.

Great release, TokyoIndia (always nice to be your tester/advisor) ;)

Now we all need a showcase mission to portrait your units on a battle scenario =) [EDIT] oooh I see there´s already a showcase mission within the public version of your mod (testers gotta update it after official release lol - BTW, the mission loading picture isn´t showing up, but it´s not a big deal anyways =) )

[EDIT2] There´s this strange issue that the showcase mission makes all weapons (and vehicles) have NO SOUND... you have only dialogs, but there´s no footsteps, engines, shots and explosions =/

cheers!

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

Sorry at the moment the mission has a AGM dependency, I will rework it asap so that is not needed. Also I realized I added the wrong mission pbo, that's why the picture is not showing. I will get them both fixed asap.

Ooohhh I didn´t know that AGM (or the lack of an AGM module) could take away sounds... interesting!

cheers! =)

Republic of China Armed Forces Update

Now the army has some air support! Ive packed this is as a seperate PBO so for those who don't want to use Firewills F-16 they don't have to use the RoCAF and can just update the army. To use the air force just move the PBO to the addons folder.

Download:

http://www.filedropper.com/roctaiwan_1

107410_2015-03-31_00005.png

Changelog

Version 1.1

-RoC Air Force added.

-F-16 reskin (dependency on Firewills F-16C).

-RoC Air Force fighter pilot, helicopter pilot, multi engine pilot and ground crew re-skins.

-Cleaned up configs, reorganized and removed a few things.

-Removed per-loaded backpacks from Virtual arsenal, only empty ones remain.

-Re worked load outs and weapons slightly.

-Added more names.

-Image should be showing on sample mission now (mission still AGM dependent atm sorry)

Version 1.0

-First Release

Yay! Great update, now I can finally play the showcase mission with sounds =D (loading it with AGM of course...)

Make another showcase with RoC´s F16Cs, TokyoIndia! (even beeter, a campaign featuring all aspects of your mod... but please first release to public the Diayou flashpoint campaign!!!!)

cheers!

[EDIT]: the missiong mission pics and error messages are still there TokyoIndia, but at least the mission has sounds (playing with AGM anyway)

pics_> http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=417541915

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=417541891

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=417541868

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=417541848

no big deal =)

cheers!

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I am a huge idiot! I realized why the pictures were not working now. I thought I added the wrong pbo, then the correct one, when in fact I forgot to change the path to the pictures haha! I will make sure it is included with the next release. :) Thank you again Cpl Lib for the help and feedback!

OMG awesome! I'm half Taiwan's and I would just like to say thank you!

I am a huge idiot! I realized why the pictures were not working now. I thought I added the wrong pbo, then the correct one, when in fact I forgot to change the path to the pictures haha! I will make sure it is included with the next release. :) Thank you again Cpl Lib for the help and feedback!

You´re Welcome, TokyoIndia! ;)

Don´t forget to add an aerial combat showcase on the next update, so we can test out the Taiwanese F16C without a hassle =) (or even maybe a small campaign wink wink)

cheers!

Roger that! Already have a little show case in the works for the airforce. I had an idea for a campaign too but my track record for getting the things done and released is not the best. ;)

I added mortar teams today and I'm trying to work out how to add Alive support but I can't seem to find a guide anyway.

Taiwan future prototype like the XT-97 assault rifle, MSR 9mm smg and the XT-98 battle rifle will come?

I've used this mod for a while now and I've always liked the quality of the units! Have you ever thought about doing JGSDF units later on? Unfortunately, their are not very many mods of this quality for Japan. Overall, I love using this is in conjunction with Majoris's PLA mod!