Sign in to follow this  
Xenolith

Server Setup Questions

I have some questions concerning server setup.  

First question involves Bandwidth management.  What exactly does the variables MinBandwidth/MaxBandwidth do.  Do these values represent the the bandwidth each client gets or what is available to the entire server.  How do I balance the max client variable and the bandwidth variables?  I am configuring a server for both a T3 line and for a cable modem with 256kb/s upload.

Does OFP support auto-download?  I want to put custom maps on the server and I don't want to hassle the players by making them hunt down the maps.

Anyone have a few example mapcycle entry for a coop mission?

for the auto-download maps stuff i can tell you,

that OFP can handle it - this means, when you

playing a map (except maps in user folder - still

under construction / or not exported to MP) the

clients will download those maps automatically

by playing them.

Just be sure you don't have mission w/ custom (i.e. not official) addons because I don't believe those are sent with the mission.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">MinBandwidth =<bottom_limit>;Bandwidth the server is guaranteed to have (in bps). This value helps server to estimate bandwidth available. Increasing it to too optimistic values can increase lag and CPU load, as too many messages will be sent but discarded.Default: 28800<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">MaxBandwidth=<top_limit> Bandwidth the server is guaranteed to never have. This value helps server to estimate bandwidth available. <span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Rekrul on 1:36 am on Dec. 22, 2001

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">MinBandwidth =<bottom_limit>;Bandwidth the server is guaranteed to have (in bps). This value helps server to estimate bandwidth available. Increasing it to too optimistic values can increase lag and CPU load, as too many messages will be sent but discarded.Default: 28800<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">MaxBandwidth=<top_limit> Bandwidth the server is guaranteed to never have. This value helps server to estimate bandwidth available. <span id='postcolor'><span id='postcolor'>

I already read the FAQ, it's unclear. Please give some real world examples.