Sign in to follow this  
Tsark

BI improving "Collimator Tech": Now or never the time to improve Reddot sights!

Nice find -Coulum-.

Sums up my thoughts pretty well, except that imo in addition to that what i mentionned in my last post that Joint ops reminded me of could make it look even better with optics with thick housings such as an Eotech 553 i believe in his vid, or the aimpoint m2 that i mentionned as an example.

What do you think?

I like what the guy in the vid suggests. I think if the transparent housing wasn't just a photoshopped image (as in the vid) and instead actually reacted to lighting and what not it would look reasonably good. Probably should have added more blurred to make it look more similar to what you see at 2:23 in the vid. That would actually be most immersive to me.

Edited by -Coulum-

They say the proof is in the pudding, or in this case a proof-of-concept video dating from the Arma 3 Alpha days.

Can't say if it would work well, but it's definitely possible to make a transparent optic.

I like what the guy in the vid suggests. I think if the transparent housing wasn't just a photoshopped image (as in the vid) and instead actually reacted to lighting and what not it would look reasonably good. Probably should have added more blurred to make it look more similar to what you see at 2:23 in the vid. That would actually be most immersive to me.

Well this is precisely the effect that i was trying to describe at 2.23, that in addition to looking semi transparent the frame looks "thinner" or "trimmed" due to your eyes focus. It is indeed absolutely needed and i' m sure that it would remove that "cheap" side that people are complaining about if there would only be semi transparency and that' s it.

13isLucky, i saw that vid a while ago and wanted to post it in this thread, and couldn' t find it. Good job for finding it.

I have absolutely no doubt that it can be implement in the Arma engine, but i have many about BI' s willingness to introduce this.

I'm pretty sure I suggested this somewhere. I'm definitely all for it.

There's nothing I hate more than having a weapon with a holo/red-dot sight but having to aim under my targets because the goddamn scope blocks the entire view.

Over the years i' ve seen quite a few people suggest this, sadly it never got anywhere. Since Bohemia is taking a look at what they call "collimator tech" let' s hope that they will take a look at this, but i don' t have my hopes up.

Oh how i understand you about having to aim under the target...

Hey, how about we just remove iron sights and stick a crosshair in the middle of the screen? That will pretty much achieve the both eyes open effect.

I obviously understand this to be sarcasm, but i' ll use it as an opportunity to re-state that this is for reddot and holographic sights only, not for iron sights...

Ok, how about we remove the ability to aim down the sights and stick a crosshair in the middle of the screen?

I think that you' ve made your point.