Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

SignForge - RHS mass pbo signing utility

Introducing SignForge:

https://github.com/ajvorobiev/SignForge

StringForge is a tool developed at Red Hammer Studios over one evening that allows fast signing of multiple pbo files in one folder with a key. The program will generate the key, sign all the files and verify them.

What can it do:

- work on *nix machines using wine (im not sure if this was ever done before!)

- clean up the folder of old key files

- validate the signing

- commandline

- open source

Yes the project is open source and available to anyone from the above link in GitHub so if you want to contribute, change or re-release. It is under the MIT license so you have pretty much the freedom to do anything you want.

Current version: 1.1

Download page: https://github.com/ajvorobiev/SignForge/releases

Bug tracker: https://github.com/ajvorobiev/SignForge/issues

Enjoy

That looks really cool. Hope to be in a state to make use of this later this year.

RHS continues to produce work of outstanding quality (the file patching with wget is a boon to bandwidth-limited players like me).

Thank you for sharing :respekt:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (Soul_Assassin) on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note:

since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Edited by Guest

I'm testing this out but is there no way to reuse the private key it generates? It seems to create a new one each time even if I specify the same name

Is there any eta on this? I love this tool so far but I don't want to have to condense all my mods into one mod folder.

I have committed the new code. I have to test it tonight and then make official release as a packed version if all works fine. But if you are able to compile yourself then you can already try.

Alright, Thank you. Also if you could help me and my friend, (the one that posted the issue), we are fairly new to making addon signatures and every tool that we have used has done the same thing in our server. I thought yours would be instantly better with verifysignatures able to be enabled and what not. I am pretty sure it is something that we are doing wrong but we are stuck.

I'm still having an issue where it will override existing keys, in particular it will create a new private key and not sign anything if both the privatekey and public key are not in the folder specified by -d.