Sign in to follow this  
Powerzwerg

Problems with LAV25 AI

I have an Problem with the LAV-25 APC steered by the ai. They doesn´t target enemies altough they see the enemy in front of them - URAL and enemy infantry in 50 meters distance on the street ! They have enough munition and identifing the enemies. But commander of the lav will not fire. When he is leaving the vehicle, he starts to fire on the hostiles with his M4 Rifle.

Is this a bug? I have the Problem in ARMA2 CO and ARMA 2 OA - no difference. :butbut:

I found out what it is. The most of the vehicles created with crew which needs a gunner; haven´t. No gunner is in UAZ-PK, UAZ-AGS, LAV25 etc. Is this a bug in ARMA 2 ?

I must create a group member with the vehicle and lead him to getin as gunner.

My ARMA2 is natural an original (German Version) licence.

I found out what it is. The most of the vehicles created with crew which needs a gunner; haven´t. No gunner is in UAZ-PK, UAZ-AGS, LAV25 etc. Is this a bug in ARMA 2 ?

I must create a group member with the vehicle and lead him to getin as gunner.

My ARMA2 is natural an original (German Version) licence.

What are you babbling about? The LAV25 had 3 crew members: commander, driver and gunner. Armed UAZs have driver and gunner.

But commander of the lav will not fire.

The commander of teh LAV cannnot fire cause he has no weapon to fire. Only the gunner can.

Placed a LAV25 on Utes, with a Ural driving towards is. LAV opened fire on the Ural just fine, no problems at all.

Vanilla CO used, no fancy Mods or addons at all.

Editor placed Faction vehicles are always fully crewed. If not, then there is problem with your game.

It will not have a crew, only if you placed it from factionEmpty

Test the mission! I didn´t place it as "empty". I used the editor allready in ofp and ofp:resistance. So i know what i do. But - i haven´t luck with place manned vehicles on the map.

Both the UAZ and the LAV have a gunner, the hints confirm this.

You can't enter the gunner seat as there is a gunner there as far as I can tell.

If you kill the gunner then you can get in w1g setdamage 1;

You can clearly see the gunner in the UAZ, if you can't then your game is messed up.

Hmm... very curious. Not in my Arma. Reinstalling the game, maybe it will help.