Sign in to follow this  
MarcusJClifford

Resistance dedicated server 1.88 beta

BIS have released Dedicated Server 1.88

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

Dedicated server 1.88 beta is available for download. It might fix latency issues, and it provides extended server diagnostics for admins with 1.87 clients (not publicly available yet).

Please, download this version to help us testing dedicated server patch.

<span id='postcolor'>

The changes to this version are - from 1.88Fixes.txt

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

1.88 - Added: Dedicated server command #debug (userInfo)

(Requires 1.87 client)

1.88 - Fixed: Another attempt to fix latency problems.

Support for ThrottleGuaranteed is removed completely and corresponding code

is returned as it was in 1.75.

<span id='postcolor'>

Mirror Available Here

http://www.11enfield.eclipse.co.uk/ofp....eta.zip

Mirror 2 here.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">might fix latency issues<span id='postcolor'>

tounge.gif Thats what I say when I am clutching at straws tounge.gif

Seriously though, have to say big respect to BIS for working so hard to resolve these issues. Many thanks BIS

Fix confirmed.

I played 3 different missions with over 10 ppls, and there were no latency problems. (Output stream is over 200Kbps stably)

Respect smile.gif

*ahem* Linux version? smile.gif

Where would one go to obtain the beta client updates?

I assume they don't replace your exes, but rather sit along side it.

I agree, 1.88 *seems* to solve most of the problems. Limited testing so far, but I was watching a game on a [DV] server, and there was only 1 person with desync and his bandwidth was down at 6 sad.gif with a 400ms ping. Everyone else (20+ players) seened fine.

Can the problem with ammo crates overflowing be fixed, from what i understand, all it needs is for the maximum amount of guns and ammo in crates be increased in res, like it was in 1.46... this seems to be the biggest problem with maps, if it cannot be fixed all the maps have to be redesigned sad.gif

I agree with payne here....the overflowing ammo is a huge problem wit some maps....gets to were y cant get a gun from crate bc ground is covered wit hanf grenades.....would love to see it fixed.

Kevin:D

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ACES_KEVIN @ Oct. 21 2002,21:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the overflowing ammo is a huge problem wit some maps...<span id='postcolor'>

Its easy for the mappers to fix that... all it needs is a script or trigger that refills the crate when its empty.

The new patch seems to work well for me. No latency which seemed to fix the sounds.

I also agree with the ammo overflow problems, they add lag midgame and it gets worse as more is spilled.

Hoz

6-7 players, 1.6, 500meg ram.

When providing feedback can you please provide some details:

How many players were playing?

How greatly improved was performance?

Otherwise you could of been playing by yourself and experiencing this uber-lag-free environment tounge.gif

Hi,

I made good experience too, no descync periodes on stoners pancakes server.

Plz think about the firewall cheat fix, whether its needed because no one can cheat undercover like that.

If the fix caused the message "player xxx losing connection" it perhaps works to strong, because the message sometimes appear and then the person disconnect...

BIS, you are the very very BEST keep on!

ok, a few things I noticed and that are still in V1.88 (were present in previous 1.8x versions as well):

- sometimes, after loosing connection (still happens, although less often then in 1.85), you can only reconnect if you remove your custom face and any custom sounds, else you get kicked upon connect. Size of the face/sounds does not matter (in my case it's a 17k face, no sounds). After reconnecting without them once, it is possible to use them again...

- bogus error messages about missing addons. In my case it's the BIS intro for Nogova that triggers the message (claiming I don't have the Kawasaki motorcycle, which is installed in a seperate mod directory!), in other cases (like one of the mp servers I play on) its a custom mp mission, that triggers it (claiming bis_resistance addon to be missing... on a 1.87 server with clean installation!). The error message does appear, even if the mission that is loaded does not use the addon claimed to be missing. In all cases the respective addons were installed and working just fine. The missions did not abort or cause any other problems than this error message.

WE HAVE A WINNER!

Gameplanet have been testing 1.88 Server Patch all night and I must say it is fantastic.

I would like to congratulate Suma, and the rest of BIS on an outstanding job.

Lag was reported, BIS were given the target. They hunted it down and killed it like a rabid dog.

Gameplanet was testing various missions, and not only do we experience little or no lag, but the server FPS is up 50%!

Our international link actually had network problems, and we were still able to enjoy perfectly decent gameplay! I am absolutely amazed.

On missions where we would previously only get 5-10FPS in 1.75, we now get 21FPS!

Suma and others worked very hard to make this happen and once gain thanks for a fantastic job guys.

Kind Regards,

I only managed 2 or 3 games last night on the dedicated server but the news is good, the FPS was the highest ever seen on our server running at 40+ FPS there were about 10 of us playing a resonably complex coop map. This was probably helped by the fact that the CPU was running around 80% where as it it usually 100%. There were still times when my 50-60 ping shot up to 300 or even higher but this was only noticed by players in the lobby, the game still ran fine. It does seem that the admin's ping is more likely to suddenly shoot up than the players. I will do some more testing tonight. Wednesday and Thursday I will also be on the server all day monitoring the progress, hehe any excuse to play ofp all day on my days off tounge.gif

Update from BIS

Based on testing reports we have so far I can say lag issues introduces in 1.85 are fixed in 1.88. We recommend all server admins to download and install version 1.88 beta.

I would like to say big "Thank you" to Lt Dammage and Gameplanet NZ team for the extensive help they provided us while debugging 1.8x beta version.

I would also like to thank all server admins who provided us detailed feedback about 1.8x problems, which helped us to identify problems.

<span id='postcolor'>

Congratulations BIS

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MarcusJClifford @ Oct. 22 2002,14:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Update from BIS

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Based on testing reports we have so far I can say lag issues introduces in 1.85 are fixed in 1.88. We recommend all server admins to download and install version 1.88 beta<span id='postcolor'><span id='postcolor'>

Weeeeee! Good news indeed! I played a few games last night, and while my connection wasn't the best, it worked fairly well. Now if they fix the few remaining glitches (like the ones I mentioned above) the next patch won't need the beta label anymore.

Will there be a client update, too? From what I gathered BIS is using updated clients for internal testing already...

i've found on our ded server [dv] with 12+ players that the desync problem still appears but for only short moments. In a 30 min game i've noticed maybe 4 moments of high desync which will last between 10 - 15 secs. Doesn't seem to be a problem thou.

Also has anyone else noticed but i'm sure this is a new problem to 1.88, every time a mission is completed and the game reverts back to the player side screen, it allways goes back to the default mission and not the one you were just playing.

And what about the "modified config"-message?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Long @ Oct. 22 2002,12:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And what about the "modified config"-message?<span id='postcolor'>

what about it?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Long @ Oct. 22 2002,17:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And what about the "modified config"-message?<span id='postcolor'>

That won't be removed - it's meant to be there to stop potential cheating. If you're asking because of a soundpack like Dynamic Range, you'll just have to explain that it causes a message whenever you play. I've done it on several different servers and no-one ever seems to care much. smile.gif

Our testing has proven quite positive as well. The desync spikes and lag seem to have been remedied. Good work BIS and thanks!

The Server is 1.88, which means that when clients of a lesser version (1.85) connect, the client's configs are different from the server's, so the modified config message is shown.

Now that BIS have tackled that lag issue to a reasonable level they may concentrate on the two patches to remedy some of the other smaller problems.

Once the new client and server patches are released the modified config message will be gone.

- bogus error messages about missing addons. In my case it's the BIS intro for Nogova that triggers the message (claiming I don't have the Kawasaki motorcycle, which is installed in a seperate mod directory!wink.gif, in other cases (like one of the mp servers I play on) its a custom mp mission, that triggers it (claiming bis_resistance addon to be missing... on a 1.87 server with clean installation!wink.gif. The error message does appear, even if the mission that is loaded does not use the addon claimed to be missing. In all cases the respective addons were installed and working just fine. The missions did not abort or cause any other problems than this error message. -jolton

<span id='postcolor'>

A few of my players had this problem, so I investigated. I remote controlled their PCs and found their OFP directory was infested with unofficial addons, in both OFP\Addons\ and OFP\Res\Addons

I removed these and reconnected him to Gameplanet, not only are these error messages gone, his game runs more smoothly and no longer crashes to desktop.

Try removing all addons from your OFP Installation, and then test. If you connect without issue and see no error messages while playing missions then you can put the fault to the unofficial addons.

Regards,