Sign in to follow this  
Skewballzz

Ofp sound problems

I do not have resistance, just the gold upgrade.  The game works fine except for one thing.  Whenever a tank runs over about three or more trees, bushes, poles, etc.. the sound compleatly shuts out, and i have to restart the game to get it back.  I have the latest upgrade. I was wondering if anyone could help me w/ this situation.  

Thank you

System specs make guessing the problem a smidge easier wink.gif

You run with EAX and hardware sound on? If I remember correctly Bush murdering is a rather loud sound so it's prolly overloading it kinda smile.gif

i really dont know that much about computers, but in the setup, it said i have an ESS AudioDrive, if that helps any.

What version of windows do you have? It's possible reducing the level of hardware acceleration (assuming your card has any) will ease this problem, if we know what Windows you have we can talk you through it smile.gif

In the Opf settings try playing around with Eax off and hardware sound on and off, see if those make any difference to the problem smile.gif

ive tried tweakin the sound card and driver settings, and to no avail. i have the latest upgrade, and it works fine w/ all other things. i think it may have somethin to do w/ the game, as it is always the third bush i run over that it cuts out, even if i wait ten minutes before hittin the next one. In the audio options of the game, it wont let me turn EAX or hardware acceleration on. Problem?

"It's possible reducing the level of hardware acceleration (assuming your card has any) will ease this problem, if we know what Windows you have we can talk you through it "

Did ya try that?