Sign in to follow this  
halex1316

ArmA 3 Mission Editing Tutorial

ArmA 3 Editor Tutorial Video

Hey guys! Here is the first part of a fairly large multi-part guide on how to navigate the ArmA 3 editor and begin creating awesome scenarios for yourself and friends!

This first part covers and introduction to the editor interface, placing of units, placing of groups and grouping / ungrouping units to suit your desires, as well as the creation of markers to block out objectives.

Mods I am Running (you may not have the same units available to place as I do) :

The Russian Mechanized units are derived from @rhs_afrf3, Red Hammer Studios Russian Federation pack.

- "@3cb_baf_units"
- "@3cb_baf_vehicles"
- "@3cb_config"
- "@agm"
- "@allinarmaterrainpack"
- "@asdg_jr"
- "@beretpack2"
- "@blx"
- "@Burnes_Challenger"
- "@cba_a3"
- "@chinookpack"
- "@cup"
- "@FDF_Podagorsk"
- "@Grace_FV510"
- "@Grace_Real_Warrior"
- "@HLCMods_AK"
- "@HLCMods_Core"
- "@mad_resh"
- "@mad_build"
- "@panthera_a3"
- "@PsyLandrover"
- "@rhs_afrf3"
- "@rksl_attachments"
- "@st_nametags"
- "@sthud_a3"
- "@stkr_bi"
- "@task_force_radio"

DISCLAIMER: The headless client portion is not required for general mission building. I included that for the sake of my group 3 Commando Brigade and how we normally run our operations. This is something I will cover in a separate tutorial.

This tutorial does not contain any associated files to the mission created - it is helpful to explore these modes on your own to become familiar with their form and function.

Index:

Start - 0:00

Editor Interface - 0:30

Unit Placement - 6:10

Group Placement - 20:45

Marker Placement - 26:15

Hopefully you find this guide informative for the basic mission editing essentials. Part 2 will cover Waypoints, Triggers, Synchronization and Modules! Release Date : *TBA*
If you have any questions, feel free to leave them in this thread.

NOTE* I couldn't find any rules saying I couldn't post a video like this here - if this is against the rules, please notify me and I can delete the thread!

I know this has been done before by jester 418 who has done a great job too. A link to his site. May be you could add to his work or cover something he may not have. Not sure, he's posted a lot of guides.

Looks like another great addition to the community, however, being a scripter myself, if you have a good amount of scripting experience, there is a lack of "how-tos" on scripting for this game, sure there are a few series out there, but IMHO they are either too simplified or slightly too complicated, no real good middle ground from beginner level, to intermediate, and so forth.

So, should you have experience enough, I would suggest extending your editor videos to scripting as well :). (If I wasn't in college and didn't have a s**t of a computer, I might do some, but yea...neither time nor technology capable)

Edited by JShock

Yeah for sure - after I cover the basics of using the standalone editor, I'll be making a large variety of basic - intermediate - advanced script tutorials as well.

Thanks for the feedback!