Sign in to follow this  
242ndIBCTnightstalkers

Public Event Open Invitation - 242 Nightstalkers - Operation Circuit Breaker 3/28/15

MISSION COMPLETE!!!

See you next time!

circuitRSZ.jpg (286 kB) kB)

The 242nd Nightstalkers is an infantry focused realism unit that focuses on serious fun. We believe that the experience that ArmA 3 provides: a serious, challenging, teamwork based environment is in of itself the most enjoyable way to play a PC game.

Our previous operation saw numbers over 40 players in stable, cooperative environment, and we are certain that this one will see even more. There is no discrimination between groups and players.

Operation Details:

Show up on Teamspeak 3: 242nightstalkers.teamspeak3.com at Start time

Start Time 1930 EST 3/28/15

Estimated Finish Time: 2330 EST

Mod preparation Time: 1800 EST (ALL MODS MUST BE PREPARED PRIOR TO 1900 EST)

rsz_242_p1.jpg

The Mission

CO55 - Operation Circuit Breaker

Background

Forward In Arms (FIA) is a nascent insurrectionist faction intent on restoring CSAT rule to Altis through the destruction of the current AAF Government. This faction has been highly successful in eroding the both the military and government infrastructures, securing government supplies and equipment, and rallying civilians to their cause through extortion, racketeering, ransom, and bribery.Should the FIA succeed, it would represent yet another massive destabilization of NATO hegemony in the mediterranean region. Despite successful combat operations in and around Agios Dionysios, FIA continues to mount major combat operations in Altis. At 0200 hours last night, FIA sleeper cells on the Molos archipelago seized control of the Molos Airfield and all assets therein, executing all AAF members within the base. Further, a shipping container leaving Altis was secretly carrying a large force of FIA members. This impromptu amphibious assault has left all towns up to Sofia under FIA control.

Prior to the overtaking of firebase Soban South of Sofia, American QRF was able to occupy the base and fortify the position against FIA forces.

Situation - Enemy

Company plus sized force occupies town of Sofia and the Molos Airfield. Hostile company loosely comprised mostly of foot mobile infantry supported by technicals and stolen AAF mechanized vehicles. FIA is currently in command of numerous helicopters and fixed-wing cas assets that have been sabotaged by AAF soldiers.

Situation - Friendly

Nato Motorized Platoon with attached mechanized, armored and helicopter assets totaling 35 infantry soldiers organized into three squads and one headquarters; three AMV-7 IFVs and One Merkava MK IV Urban Warfare tank.

Vehicles

x4 HEMMT - Covered transport truck for infantry squads

x3 AMV-7 Armored Personnel Carrier

x1 Slammer Urban MBT

Infantry

x4 Rifle Squad (Variable)

x1 Weapons Team (Variable)

x1 HQ Section (Variable)

Mission

242nd Nightstalkers are tasked with the liberation of Molos Airfield from FIA forces. Mechanized Platoon + will advanced from headquarters to eliminate enemy forces in Sofia before liberating Molos Airfield from FIA forces. 242 will then return to base. IED threat is minimal, as FIA have no access to heavy construction equipment, and have had limited time to deploy traps and mines behind their rapid advances. Civilians are currently under curfew, and mortars are not being deployed into the town as a result. FIA forces have to secured several AAF AAA assets and have established a no-fly zone for our assets.

Execution

242 Nightstalkers will move motorized beyond phase-line Phantom in convoy formation before dispersing to engage the forces within the town of Sofia. Once Sofia is secure, friendly forces will continue beyond Molos to Molos Airfield. It is requested that all non-operational aircraft within the airfield are kept secure. However, if FIA forces are able to utilize any equipment to any capacity, you are authorized to engage it. Mission will conclude when all forces have returned to base.

Positions Open:

• Infantryman
  • Vehicle Driver (Limited)
  • Vehicle Gunner (Limited)
  • Vehicle Commander (Very Limited, will require prior signup)

What you will find:

An organized, Large Scale cooperative mission that will strain both your trigger finger, and your ability to operate and communicate with others.

A functioning chain of command run by leaders with years of experience in game.

A Friendly,open and unrestricted community willing to assist and train new players, and expand into new game modes..

Required Mods - TaskForce Arrowhead Radio - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23615

TaskForce Arrowhead Radio IS required to participate!

Suggested Mods - 242 Nightstalkers modpack - Optional, 138mb

ArmA 3 Sync http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22199

ArmA 3 Sync Repository http://72.5.195.222/242a3/public/.a3s/autoconfig

ArmA 3 Sync Mods are NOT required to Participate but will enhance your gaming experience.

Approved Mods:

JSRS Dragonfyre

Blastcore Phoenix

Operation Details:

Start Time 1930 EST 3/28/15

Estimated Finish Time: 2330 EST

Mod preparation Time: 1800 EST (ALL MODS MUST BE PREPARED PRIOR TO 1900 EST)

How to Sign up??

1. Reply to this thread with your desired position.

OR

2. Simply show up at operations day.

Those who sign up *will* be given slot-in priority over those who do not unless the one who registers attempts to JIP after the operation has begun. Those who sign up will also receive any necessary assistance with mod installation.

For more information, check us out at

Teamspeak 3: 242nightstalkers.teamspeak3.com

Edited by 242ndNightstalkers

I definitely recommend that every person available come to this operation. The last one we held was absolutely amazing, I'm sure that this one will exceed your expectations by a mile!

Any room for an Arma 3 newbie? I played Arma 1 back in the day, and would like to get together with groups for larger scale co-op. I figured I would be best off asking straight off: Do you guys have any problem with me participating in this operation as my "first time" in Arma 3?

Any room for an Arma 3 newbie? I played Arma 1 back in the day, and would like to get together with groups for larger scale co-op. I figured I would be best off asking straight off: Do you guys have any problem with me participating in this operation as my "first time" in Arma 3?

Not at all! I recommend that you run the "Bootcamp Campaign" in ArmA III first, just to get a hang of these quickly. It's in the Learn tab of the main menu.

If you already know how to play, just install TFAR & Teamspeak, or download our repository, and you should be good to go!

Also, feel free to join our website or join our teamspeak at any time!

Hope to see you there,

Artemis

I might be able to attend. Infantry if I show up :D

I am not really sure if I will be able to, so don't save a spot for me or anything, as I don't want to take someone else's place.