Sign in to follow this  
jammymutt

Arma 2 1.11 server files for Windows

HI ive not played A2 for a long time , I unserstand Gamespy has knocked all the servers down.

I have aspare machine to run a server on but can only find server files for patch 1.10 I cannot find anywhere server files for 1.11, I have seen them for Linux how hard is it to set it up with Linux?.

I have used Ubuntu before but only to play about with nothing serious has anyone done a set of instruction on how to set it up[ and use it for a total noob.

Otherwise can someone please make a server file for 1.11.

I would run the sevrer back to patch 1.10 but Steam keeps updating the game so there is no way you can run it on an old version.

Please help thanks in advance.

In steam goto library > tools and there should be an entry for 'Arma 2 Dedicated Server', install like you were installing a game. Should only be a few mb and it should download the server.exe + relevant files into your arma 2 directory.

If you're wanting to set up a proper server then you can also use steam cmd to grab the arma 2 (appID 33900) + server files (appID 33905). However you'll need a seperate copy/license of arma on a different steam account to run on the server if you want it to be public (that is assuming you want to play on it yourself as well!)