Sign in to follow this  
teddybear

Problem with mods

Hello,

As I play Arma for a longer time, my disks are getting flooded by mods.

I was using Play with Six and downloading regular mods (manually), since I play in multiple squadrons.

Now it happened that over the period of time I downloaded the same mods in PW6 as in my regular modmap.

Today I decided to clean up, due to my disk only had 4 GB left.

I decided to delete PW6 because it is very unreliable, so I'd rather do it manually.

First I dragged all the mods which weren't duplicated from the PW6 folder to my regular arma folder (PW6 saved it in My Documents, regular arma is in my Program files x86 --> Steam --> Steamapps --> common --> Arma 3 folder)

When I finished that, I deinstalled PW6 and the duplicate mods, giving me 40GB extra space.

But now the problem(s)!

First of all, I can't start Arma via my desktop icon anymore it says: 'Can't open this Internet shortcut, there is no registered program attached to the steam protocol'.

After that, I open Arma via my steam, which gave me no problems. Arma started but all my profiles were lost (not that much of a problem), but together with my profiles, all my mods are gone too.

There are 35 mods, varying from AGM to VHS weaponresting etc.

Yesterday they all worked fine (sitting in the same map), and now Arma doesn't recognize any of them.

How do I get them back in my game?

Is this problem occuring because I have dragged PW6-downloaded folders into my regular downloaded Arma folder?

Please help!

Yours sincerely,

Tom

Depending on how you used to LAUNCH ArmA, you may just need to re-activate the mods in your expansions tab from the main menu (Configure > Expansions I think it is). If you've removed them from their original place, ArmA wont immediately recognise them (hence why they were removed), but entering that menu should have ArmA detect them again allowing you to enable them. Failling that, just use the '-mod=@Mod1;@Mod2;etc' line in your launch parameters.

Thanks for your responce!

My expansion page is empty, only the Helicopter, Karts etc. DLC's are there.

I have replaced the mods into the orginal Arma file, which was created when I downloaded the game from Steam.

How do I run this mod launcher thing you are talking about?

Set your shortcut up as follows:

"G:\Games\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" -mod=@CBA_A3;@agm;@allinarmaterrainpack;@leights_opfor;@FSF_SacVentral;@task_force_radio;@sthud_a3

Obviously substituting the mod-folders I use with whatever you use.

Set your shortcut up as follows:

Obviously substituting the mod-folders I use with whatever you use.

How do I setup a shortcut?

I have really no knowledge of computers whatsoever.

If you'd tell me it is powered by an union I'll believe ya

Find your ArmA3 directory ('G:\Games\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\' in my case). Right click on ArmA3.exe and click on 'Send To' > 'Desktop (create shortcut)'

Then go to your desktop and you should have a shortcut to ArmA3.exe, funiily enough called 'arma3.exe - Shortcut'.

Rename this to whatever you like. Now, right click it and click on 'Properties'

In the Target line in the popup window, it should read:

"G:\Games\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe"

Obviously this may vary for you.

Now edit it to look like in my previous post (adding in -mod=@Mod1;@Mod2 etc.).

Also, on a side note, why are you using a weapon resting mod and AGM, when AGM has weapon resting included in it?

Find your ArmA3 directory ('G:\Games\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\' in my case). Right click on ArmA3.exe and click on 'Send To' > 'Desktop (create shortcut)'

Then go to your desktop and you should have a shortcut to ArmA3.exe, funiily enough called 'arma3.exe - Shortcut'.

Rename this to whatever you like. Now, right click it and click on 'Properties'

In the Target line in the popup window, it should read:

"G:\Games\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe"

Obviously this may vary for you.

Now edit it to look like in my previous post (adding in -mod=@Mod1;@Mod2 etc.).

Also, on a side note, why are you using a weapon resting mod and AGM, when AGM has weapon resting included in it?

I have no clue, I just download whatever they tell me ^^

Thanks for you help by the way, everything works properly again! :D

Good posts mate, except for the above line. OP is obviously playing SP so likely some servers run AGM, others do not and use VTS for weapon resting. He didn't say he was loading both for the same mission.