Sign in to follow this  
Bizz-Keryear

I have no sound at all, please help

The Title said almost everything.

In ARMA 3 I have no sound at all.

I installed the Direct in in the ARMA folder. In windows and in ARMA sound is turned on. Arma shows up in windows mixer but seems not to send any sound (green indicator bar in windows mixer).

Drivers are on latest versions.

Insufficent information - e.g what operating system, etc.

If by "Direct" you mean Direct X 11, you should have that installed in your Windows system. As far as ArmA goes any additional files are automatically installed with the game. I never heard of any requirement to manually install any Diect X files into the ArmA folder. I suggest you check your Windows set up. If it is there there's a program called DXdiag.exe (use either the 32-bit or 64-bit program depending on your OS) & see if it reports problems.

Oh, sorry.

Its Win7 x64. ... more detailed at the bottom.

Direct X was related to some "fixes" I found in the net, said I should run the DXinstaller in the ARMA III folder.

DXdiag doesn't reports any errors.

Operating System

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

CPU

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T

Thuban 45nm Technology

RAM

16,0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 669MHz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard

Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-880GA-UD3H (Socket M2) 39 °C

Graphics

D2342P (1920x1080@60Hz)

Acer S231HL (1920x1080@60Hz)

4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (Gigabyte) 33 °C

1535MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 (MSI) 39 °C

ForceWare version: 347.52

SLI Disabled

Audio

Sound Cards

NVIDIA High Definition Audio

NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)

Logitech G930 Headset

Realtek High Definition Audio

USB-Audio Device

Microsoft LifeCam Studio.

Yamaha Steinberg USB Audio

Playback Devices

Speakers (Logitech G930 Headset) (default)

Line (Steinberg UR44)

Standard 01 (Realtek High Definition Audio)

D2342P-C (2- NVIDIA High Definition Audio)

Speakers (USB Audio Device )

Recording Devices

Steinberg UR44 (Steinberg UR44) (default)

Line in (Realtek High Definition Audio)

T.bone Microphone (USB Audio Device )

Microphone (2- Studio - Microsoft LifeCam.)

Stereomix (Realtek High Definition Audio)

Microphone (Logitech G930 Headset)

Realtek Digital Input (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Edited by Bizz-Keryear
formatting

This may seem rather random, but have you had a Windows Update perform an update named something like "nVidia - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3, Other hardware - NVIDIA GeForce *INSERT GFX CARD HERE*"

The reason I ask is that the very same update broke my ability to play sound through my TV's speakers (I run my PC through my TV via a HDMI cable from my GTC 670 graphics card). Anyway, long story short: I had to go into 'Control Panel > Device Manager' and look through to find the 'Sound, Video and Games Controllers' entry and found that I had no entry for 'NVIDIA HD Audio' but instead I had a yellow exclamation mark with a "Unknown device' label. I right clicked it and hit 'Search for driver updates' and then 'Search the Internet'. It took a few minutes but it eventually reinstalled itself and after a restart I had full sound support back for my TV.

That may not fix your issue, but I figured I'd post the steps in case anyone else comes in here with the same issue I had. If it helps you too, then its a bonus :)

To be clear here I have sound in any other application only in ARMA III I have none at all.

Also no problems my device manager.

Oh, sorry.

Its Win7 x64. ... more detailed at the bottom.

Direct X was related to some "fixes" I found in the net, said I should run the DXinstaller in the ARMA III folder.

You downloaded an exe file from somewhere and ran it? Ugh... very bad move. I gather that there are lots of so-called tweaks & cheats on the Internet the purpose of which is to steal your passwords/serial numbers and/or install trojans. Does it have an uninstall entry?

BTW, why did you do it? Was the sound broken before you installed this dodgy file?

You downloaded an exe file from somewhere and ran it? Ugh... very bad move. I gather that there are lots of so-called tweaks & cheats on the Internet the purpose of which is to steal your passwords/serial numbers and/or install trojans. Does it have an uninstall entry?

Oh, didn't know Microsoft / Bohemia Interactive did that. </irony>

What I found was this thread: https://steamcommunity.com/app/107410/discussions/0/828933455716614906/

which said to make the sound in ARMA3 work I should run the DXinstaller (which had a legitimate Microsoft certificate) and came with the game (in the steam download) to make the sound work.

BTW, why did you do it? Was the sound broken before you installed this dodgy file?

<irony>No, you know I have this wired hobby of buying a game and instantly spamming help forums about problems I don't have just to install a very random file from the net just to make it break this way....</irony>

Of course it was broken from the very beginning ! ...

Bought game (on steam on 27th of feb 2015) ... downloaded it ... installed it (first time run) ... and silence.

Oh, didn't know Microsoft / Bohemia Interactive did that. </irony>

What I found was this thread: https://steamcommunity.com/app/107410/discussions/0/828933455716614906/

which said to make the sound in ARMA3 work I should run the DXinstaller (which had a legitimate Microsoft certificate) and came with the game (in the steam download) to make the sound work.

<irony>No, you know I have this wired hobby of buying a game and instantly spamming help forums about problems I don't have just to install a very random file from the net just to make it break this way....</irony>

Of course it was broken from the very beginning ! ...

Bought game (on steam on 27th of feb 2015) ... downloaded it ... installed it (first time run) ... and silence.

Well there was no need to be sarcastic in your reply, members of this forum are trying to help you. Have you tried verifying the game cache in steam as a suggestion?

Well there was no need to be sarcastic in your reply, members of this forum are trying to help you. Have you tried verifying the game cache in steam as a suggestion?

Sorry I overreacted a little.

I had the impression he didn't read my post correctly and just ridicule me.

I already verified the cache ... there was no error ... and even uninstalled and reinstalled it. Means I loaded all of the 10.8GB again .... and verified the cache again ... still no errors ... still no sound.

Sorry I overreacted a little.

I had the impression he didn't read my post correctly and just ridicule me.

I already verified the cache ... there was no error ... and even uninstalled and reinstalled it. Means I loaded all of the 10.8GB again .... and verified the cache again ... still no errors ... still no sound.

I did read your post and I was not ridiculing you. If you run a search of the forum you'll find a lot of posts from people bleating that they downloaded a file from somewhere "on the net" and then found they were banned for duplicate serial number violations. That it was a BIS fix was a fairly important piece of info in that regard.

Bye.

I did read your post and I was not ridiculing you. If you run a search of the forum you'll find a lot of posts from people bleating that they downloaded a file from somewhere "on the net" and then found they were banned for duplicate serial number violations. That it was a BIS fix was a fairly important piece of info in that regard.

Bye.

Why would I use a "serial number fix" (in my times this was called a crack) ... when I have no sound?