Sign in to follow this  
mickeymen

Static weapons recoil

Hello BIS.

I want to say relatively stationary weapons.

This weapons - machine gun Mk30 and stationary automatic grenade launcher Mk32 on the ground or onboard of any vehicle.

Unfortunately today(v1.38) it has problems! Any stationary weapon in the game no has recoil, if the player uses the optical mode!

However, if the player exits this mode, then he sees recoil!

I think it is a great nonsense, you need to add a recoil in the optical mode, also.

Example here:

The player should feel, what is firing from the heavy weapons!

Today's just boring to shoot(

Before I was informed of this by using feedback: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=21879

However, so far no any results.

Thanks...

:confused: ... did you ever serve in military and shoot an MG on a lafette?

it's called for a reason stationary weapon, they are fix mounted on a lafette.

they have nearly no recoil ....

What he's getting at is the seeming inconsistency of visible recoil in first-person but none through the gun camera view.

:confused: ... did you ever serve in military and shoot an MG on a lafette?

it's called for a reason stationary weapon, they are fix mounted on a lafette.

they have nearly no recoil ....

You probably mean muzzle climb, because you are going to have the backward momentum of a gun when it is discharged either way. And since this is a game there should be some kind of indication of the gun recoiling. Maybe the 1st person view (scoped view) can be adjusted to move back and forward simulating gun recoil?

You probably mean muzzle climb, because you are going to have the backward momentum of a gun when it is discharged either way. And since this is a game there should be some kind of indication of the gun recoiling. Maybe the 1st person view (scoped view) can be adjusted to move back and forward simulating gun recoil?

also looks like some shake may be suitable. that thing's a monster.

ps - BIS look at how the impacts are visiable sooo far away and so big. we need that please.

I guess a simple camShake should do the trick.