zooloo75

"Impulse" (Convolution Reverb Mod)

DOWNLOAD [ARMAHOLIC]

DOWNLOAD [sIX]

"Impulse" adds gunshot reverb to ArmA3. The addon is compatible with all other sound mods/weapons/maps/etc (it is completely independent [and can be used in conjunction with other weapon sound mods for more immersion]).

Requires CBA.

*Video contains vanilla ArmA3 weapon sounds*

Changelog

3/8/2015

Version 1.3:

+ Vehicle weapon pressure sound now differs from the small-arms pressure sound.

+ Reverb for grenades and explosives. (Still tweaking this)

+ Certain audio replaced.

+ Values tweaked.

3/5/2015

Version 1.2:

+ "Slapback" effect re-added.

+ Object/Outdoor echoes improved.

+ Sounds tweaked.

3/2/2015

Version 1.1:

+ Major performance optimizations

+ Sounds tweaked

+ Gunfire now echoes off objects/rocks/vegetation

Written in 3 days.

Edited by zooloo75

Cool idea,

just curious how you plan on achieving this, are you feeding the in game sounds through an external software fx?

Armas audio engine always had me puzzled, heh.

Cheers

Cool idea,

just curious how you plan on achieving this, are you feeding the in game sounds through an external software fx?

Armas audio engine always had me puzzled, heh.

Cheers

I will explain the design in a few hours (once I get off work).

It's mostly implemented, and sounds AMAZING. I've never heard a firefight sound as intense as this in any game.

I will explain the design in a few hours (once I get off work).

It's mostly implemented, and sounds AMAZING. I've never heard a firefight sound as intense as this in any game.

Uuuh, keeping the expectations high - I'm hyped :D

Alrighty, so here's the design:

I am mimicking Convolution reverb using only scripting. The idea is that when a weapon is fired, the sound wave bounces off nearby buildings and other objects.

In urban areas, the effect is most noticeable. The listener fires his weapon and can hear his shot reverberate off of buildings and may even notice a delay of the reverb (effected by distance).

Working within the limitations of the engine, the effect is still very believable, although this isn't true Convolution reverb, it is exceptional.

I will be posting a video within the next couple of hours.

Ah, so the same thing I did in Enhanced Soundscape?

(The sounds were reworked by now)

I like your sounds, btw :)

Ah, so the same thing I did in Enhanced Soundscape?

(The sounds were reworked by now)

I like your sounds, btw :)

Nice! I've been out of the ArmA scene for quite some time, was completely unaware of your mod, very cool!

Tested this with JSRS Dragonfyre, and it sounds epic!

Jesus that reverb sounds amazing. Good to see you back in action, big fan of all your stuff.

Tested this with JSRS Dragonfyre, and it sounds epic!

Dragonfyre has the same feature included, I built it in xP :D

What does it sound like with JSRS already having it built it? Interested to see how many reverberations will happen with them both on lol

What does it sound like with JSRS already having it built it? Interested to see how many reverberations will happen with them both on lol

JSRS already has a good reverb system in-place. There are some details in Impulse that definitely add on to JSRS. But putting JSRS aside, Impulse would work well for other sound mods as well that are lacking a reverb system. I'm hoping sound modders will have dryer sounds in the future.

Edited by zooloo75

Your thread has now been moved :)

Thank you.

Thank you very much for sending us the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@zooloo75;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way by using any filesharing service and add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Dragonfyre has the same feature included, I built it in xP :D

Already know that, also you have that Enhanced Soundscape mod, its not the same?

If Dragonfyre has this included, i already use L-ES mod. and now this one is cool too.. what are the conflicts between 'em?

ON: Videos sounds quite epic! GJ! gonna polay with this asap!

Hey just had a quick fire fight in Kunduz with this :cool: I made a few observations.

I wonder if it's possible at all to lessen/soften the initial transients of the reverb/impulse response or change the envelope with a transient designer? The problem I encountered was that the high frequency beginning of the reverb was more prominent (almost hihat like) than the weapon/closure sound effects.

The second thing I noticed was that my frame rate dropped about 20fps :( when held on full auto. Then returns to normal one trigger is released. This was at it's worse in urban areas, I was using SOS Pure at the time and this doesn't happen normally? So maybe the two are conflicting I don't know?

- The last thing when firing next to bushes the reverb effect diminishes often completely

A great concept though I like the idea a lot and look forward to seeing this develop. :cool:

Already know that, also you have that Enhanced Soundscape mod, its not the same?

If Dragonfyre has this included, i already use L-ES mod. and now this one is cool too.. what are the conflicts between 'em?

ON: Videos sounds quite epic! GJ! gonna polay with this asap!

The thing is that ES (partially included in DFyre) does the same, so you'll end up having two sounds for the same thing, resulting in overlapping and hard limiting because it reaches the max volume very fast.

So you have to chose one :(