Sign in to follow this  
Korneel

Arma 3 - Marksmen Community Challenge

umm...why is the CSAT cyrus rifle made in chernarus? Chernarus were BLUFOR last i knew and the official endings (which tie into ArmA II OA) had Chernarus still BLUFOR, if CSAT took them over then the war agaisnt CSAT would be much worse than depicted in arma III, as Chernarus should have been a NATO ally.

This is the sort of background story stuff I would love to see filled out a bit more. Don't forget that the West is going through a significant economical upheaval at the start of the Arma 3 campaign and that most likely Chernarus would have left the NATO fold and returned to the new CSAT for better economical prospects. I wonder if the Chernarussian beer exports recovered from their stagnation period in 2010? (ref AAN Online news article)

So CSAT gets the Cryus and the Akina/Kir. Their arsenal looks like:

Katiba - Service rifle with carbine variant and a UGL one.

Rook - Service pistol.

Zubr - Heavy pistol.

Rahim - Squad-level marksman rifle.

Zafir - GPMG used apparently in weapons and regular rifle squads.

Lynx - AMR used as the primary vanilla sniper.

Akina/Kir - SOF silenced marksman rifle, like a VSS for assassinations?

Cyrus - Intermediate sniper rifle, maybe like an M40 (in between a squad DMR and a heavy AMR)?

The last two weapons remain to be seen, however. But it appears CSAT still lacks something like an LMG or an IAR. I dunno, maybe slap a drum on a Katiba or something. Easy to do and provides something like the MX IAR.

AAF? Don't even ask me about them.

AAF? Don't even ask me about them.

Look at any of the new pictures. Count how many rounds there are in the bottom right that havn't been used in the DLC (after the last two have been discovered), and one can assume that they may be planning on adding in un-expected non DLC weapons that use those calibers. Although that is a possibility of giving AAF a Squad based LMG over a 6.5 LMG which NATO uses, it's also just as unlikely. Who knows.

I wonder if the Cyrus could be loosely based in this rifle?

http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sniper-rifles/usa/noreen-e.html

Or did anyone else find something more similar to the Cyrus?

Mar-10 is based on Noreen - basicly upscaled AR receiver in .338

the Cyrus is most likely based on modernized SVD + the skeleton stock and different magazine

This new gun name is providing no end of amusement to my friends...

Lemme guess, you were all like, "They named it after me, but i told them it would be too cool with the 'z' on the end, so they changed it to an 's' instead. Cyrus is going to be my best friend now". Nailed it right? XP

ok all these guns look sexy (or supa cosmic heavy like SPMG). But why we havent revealed all the content so far?! Plaese ArmaPlayerZ around the world stand TOGETHER. Shoot the disks!

I'm wondering what the biggest calibers there are going to be used in.

Could that be a 20mm round? Or too small for that? Heck, 14.5 even?

We still need one more LMG and a other rifle, since the newsletter earlier mentioned 5 rifles and 2 LMG's.... Just hoping for a large caliber sniper 50. cal and up...

I'm wondering what the biggest calibers there are going to be used in.

Could that be a 20mm round? Or too small for that? Heck, 14.5 even?

Hahahahaha, YES! PDR-80 for the win!

---------- Post added at 15:02 ---------- Previous post was at 14:53 ----------

I mean Anzio 20mm Rifle. Lol

Not a single bolt action added :/

This new weapon pack also seems to keep the trend of generic looking weapons. Outside of the m14 everything looks nearly exactly the same.

Even the Machineguns and apparently in 2030 even Iran develops weapons that look like H&K machineguns instead of you know evolving Eastern weapon platforms like the PKM or PKP.

Hm did not expect that. The new MG looks a little bit like the MG 121 / MG 5 of the German Army and the MK 14 is very surprising. To be honest I´m kind of dissappointet that there are no Bolt Action guns...

Hm did not expect that. The new MG looks a little bit like the MG 121 / MG 5 of the German Army and the MK 14 is very surprising. To be honest I´m kind of dissappointet that there are no Bolt Action guns...

Bolt action guns are currently a no go, with such a rediculous animation.

Anyway, I love the Mk14. Will probably my new favorit DMR.

Not a single bolt action added :/

I really did hope for BI to make at least ONE to bring the possbility for bolt-action rifles into the game. But that will never happen now.

Excuse will probably the same as for tracked amphibious vehicles.

"Wasn't planned, so why bothering implementing it."

42414870dd.jpg

It indeed is a mg5 and that makes zero sense for CSAT , one would expect a successor to the pkp or pkm but nope German Engineers musta somehow cranked out guns for the East.

http://www.heckler-koch.com/typo3temp/pics/42414870dd.jpg

It indeed is a mg5 and that makes zero sense for CSAT , one would expect a successor to the pkp or pkm but nope German Engineers musta somehow cranked out guns for the East.

Yep, I think the same. Germany would stick to the NATO for sure in a War scenario. They probably will give the MG 5 to CSAT with the excuse that the CSAT engineers stole the design or something like that...

Kinda surprised , that there are no bolt actions :(

but at least we got some nice MGs and old M14 :D

Hopefully now the M14 will get a nice proper animation too

and yeah the MG5 with original 7.62x51 would make a sense on AAF side tho

That Mk14 looks like a pretty decent hunting rifle...I hope this will be used by FIA marksmen

By the way the MG 5 firing good old german Brenneke is absolutely off. Should be 7,62x51 NATO. Anyway we can´t change it and there will be new features too. The only thing that really bugs me is that there aren´t any bolt actions with a proper animation as a modders resource.

Yep, I think the same. Germany would stick to the NATO for sure in a War scenario. They probably will give the MG 5 to CSAT with the excuse that the CSAT engineers stole the design or something like that...

Then again CSAT does have Israeli machineguns lol that above any addition is the craziest and most unrealistic thing about arma 3.

The day Iran uses anything Israeli made is the day pigs fly.

By the way the MG 5 firing good old german Brenneke is absolutely off. Should be 7,62x51 NATO. Anyway we can´t change it and there will be new features too. The only thing that really bugs me is that there aren´t any bolt actions with a proper animation as a modders resource.

Yea 7.62x51 mg 5 given to greenforce would make sense meanwhile a future PKM variant in brenneke would make sense.

Then again CSAT does have Israeli machineguns lol that above any addition is the craziest and most unrealistic thing about arma 3.

The day Iran uses anything Israeli made is the day pigs fly.

:p explanation -> CSAT stole the design :j:

Oh yeah the Chinese. That makes me think of the upcoming Expansion :D