Sign in to follow this  
Korneel

Arma 3 - Marksmen Community Challenge

That's a shame. The Campaign was really good, i played it twice, and i'm planning on playing it one last time when JSRS 3 comes out, but, everything you said has nothing to do with this Community Challenge. Maybe you've bumped your head just a little too hard, but this is an Official Arma 3 Challenge.

Darkside,Did it not come out in January? Or have I time travelled again.

And to the guy complaining about the challenge. It's a bit of fun. Don't be a buzzkillington.

---------- Post added at 13:12 ---------- Previous post was at 13:11 ----------

Ah seen rc version. And bugs certainly.

Darkside,Did it not come out in January? Or have I time travelled again.

And to the guy complaining about the challenge. It's a bit of fun. Don't be a buzzkillington.

---------- Post added at 13:12 ---------- Previous post was at 13:11 ----------

Ah seen rc version. And bugs certainly.

Can't remember what date it came out. All I know is it was after the Beta, and 3 episodes were released separately.

Can't remember what date it came out. All I know is it was after the Beta, and 3 episodes were released separately.

Please stay on topic now, Thanks

Hi guys, admittedly it was a little bit of a failure on our end, but we've had to change the conditions/goals for the Marksmen Community Challenge.

We realized we were a bit too demanding (:cool:), which - as it turns out - was not helped by the fact that apparently Steam includes Arma 3 Free Weekend players in its achievement completion percentages. The good thing, however, is that the first goal has now been accomplished - meaning new weapon artwork for everyone! Plus, our new method is more clear by dealing in absolute numbers rather than percentages.

While we have relaxed the requirements, based on the current unlocks per day, the goals are still quite ambitious - so make sure to get as many people as possible involved in the challenge. Let's go for the next 1000 unlocks!

PART III WIN

ONCE A CERTAIN NUBMER OF ALL ARMA 3 PLAYERS HAVE UNLOCKED

THE BONUS TARGETS STEAM ACHIEVEMENT, NEW WEAPON ARTWORK

OF THE MARKSMEN DLC WILL BE DECLASSIFIED

I think you typo'ed :)

I think you typo'ed :)

LOL thank you for pointing that out.

i tried and got a fail for that mission.

I got the achievement by silently picking off all the targets, even though I failed the challenge.

Are all of those BLUFOR weapons? Because Kir was pictured with an opfor soldier before.

Why would BLUFOR need 3 new rifles?

Maybe they haven't yet decided who is getting each weapon, so they're just using a NATO guy as a generic placeholder.

Prior any modeling they decide what weapon will they make, what will be chambered for and which faction

will have it, I'm sure of it.

MK1 EMR would be for AAF

MAR 10 would be for NATO

and ASP1 KIR for CSAT.

I guessed from magazine looks and name similarities.

Edited by enex

Prior any modeling they decide what weapon will they make, what will be chambered for and which faction

MK1 EMR would be for AAF

MAR 10 would be for NATO

and ASP1 KIR for CSAT.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Also, Enex have you been taking notice of my signature and are trying it for yourself? :D (EDIT: I've up-coted that ticket as a result of the 'eye-candy' ;))

Edited by Jackal326

the MAR-10 is for CTRG, the name of the image file says: Mar10_CTRG_DMR

By the way i like these ideas of the little community challenges :)

MK1 EMR would be for AAF

MAR 10 would be for NATO

and ASP1 KIR for CSAT.

MK1 EMR - NATO

MAR-10 - CTRG <-- I hope it's a railgun :3

ASP1 Kir - CSAT

?? - AAF

?? - FIA? <-- Likely a civilian hunting rifle or something

For me it looks like the Mk-l EMR is a modern SIG 550, my real rifle.

Arma Devs I LOVE YOU ALL! :mwah: :inlove: :eyeheart:

MAR-10 - CTRG <-- I hope it's a railgun :3

=))) It is indeed a mean looking gun.

I got a question - if I received this achievement when I was in offline mode, and only after that I connected to Steam and done some stuff there (udated a couple of games) - will it be enough for my achievement to be registered?

Edited by MAXZY

=))) It is indeed a mean looking gun.

I got a question - if I received this achievement when I was in offline mode, and only after that I connected to Steam and done some stuff there (updated a couple of games) - will it be enough for my achievement to be registered?

Well if you got the achievement I'm sure it counts. You can check your Steam profile and look at your Arma 3 achievements to check.

The factions are revealed in the URL's for the pictures. No need to guess. And no, the MAR-10 is definitely not a railgun. :)

Why would you use a rail-gun to fire .338 Lapua Magnum? I guess you people were just joking around. It looks just like an ordinary gas operated semi auto with free floating barrel. It's the free floating barrel that gives it the future look mostly, but it's not science fiction. The concept is something that is very much in existence today.

Mk-1 EMR is NATO

MAR-1 is CTRG

ASP-1 Kir is CSAT

What I really miss now is an Accuracy International bolt action chambered for .338 Lapua Magnum. That would be perfect for the brits. I guess there's not much hope for that though, since they already got the MAR-1.

Hope some of the last rifles are high/heavy caliber with bolt action... Like a 12,7x108 caliber.

Would love a modern/future McMillan TAC-50 or similar...! :681:

finally a 7.62mm rifle for NATO..

Erm, isn't the MK14 EBR 7.62 and for NATO?

Finally, new pictures. Looks awesome. Guess the next ones will show the MGs? Is there a statistic where we can see how many achivements have been unlocked over a day?

Edited by R3vo

Erm, isn't the MK14 EBR 7.62 and for NATO?

It is for the NATO SF-type units (Recon and CTRG) unless they changed it again, but the regular infantry marksman rifle for NATO is the 6.5mm MXM in its place. I think people only associate the ABR with the AAF for some reason.

Well to be honest - BIS kinda messed up with the Mk200 and now probably with Mk18 ABR too

mainly the Mk18 ABR should be in NATO because in A3 the NATO is basicly the US Army in the future and they will still use the M14 as a DMR

originally the Mk200 was the main NATO light machine gun like the M249 , this was changed when MX series got into game

also original MXM was caseless 7.62x51mm for some weird reason it was changed into 6.5mm

so i think the new Sig EMR should be in AAF